+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Oxford

This fixture is doomed to failure, should probably put it back to end of season, not many dates available, I suppose Will, Dale & Finney will be available for Saturday, on the assumption that Saturday will go ahead, we are assuming Oxford was cancelled due to another positive test, are they having these tests every week or is it another rogue test like Beckles. Its strange that the club chose to put a statement on OS without explaining why it was cancelled.
    Last edited by Gobstopper; 13-10-2020 at 06:59 PM.

A PR disaster that 'message'!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    A PR disaster that 'message'!
    So unlike the Alex.🤔

Again it seems there's a press blackout.

I’m not expecting to be told who has tested positive or great detail like that, but it would stop all of the natural conjecture if fans were told how many players were involved and what the current implications are for those players that we know about from official sources, ie Dale and Finney.

I would not expect the club to comment on press or social media speculation (not that I’ve seen any as I don’t partake in the ****tosphere) but treat us like adults - most of us on this site are, particularly now we’re more successful!!

oxford

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I’m not expecting to be told who has tested positive or great detail like that, but it would stop all of the natural conjecture if fans were told how many players were involved and what the current implications are for those players that we know about from official sources, ie Dale and Finney.

I would not expect the club to comment on press or social media speculation (not that I’ve seen any as I don’t partake in the ****tosphere) but treat us like adults - most of us on this site are, particularly now we’re more successful!!

I am only guessing here but there may have been no new cases but it may be related to Cheshire East now being a high risk area?

Oxford want the points but it is they who refused to play on the Saturday so perhaps we should have the 3 points?

Not sure about the Cheshire East thing.... that would mean any matches involving clubs from Merseyside, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Birmingham etc etc being called off; there was a full National League programme last night too. If it was for that reason then it’s pretty indefensible, much like George Ray on a bad day!

I don’t blame Oxford for not wanting to play on Saturday as I would have expected us to take that position if the roles were reversed. Despite other comments on here, Dave never said that he wanted to play just that he was prepared to which is a different thing.

It’s all a (insert adjective here) great mess!

Its all a great mess, a simple statement surrounding the facts as opposed to what we actually got would have put a stop to all the speculation, we don't need to know the detail but postponing a game and stating they were unable to fulfil this fixture is not good enough. If it is about the government announcement, has the club decided it is not going to fulfil any more fixtures, is it throwing in the towel, its odd there is a media blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Its all a great mess, a simple statement surrounding the facts as opposed to what we actually got would have put a stop to all the speculation, we don't need to know the detail but postponing a game and stating they were unable to fulfil this fixture is not good enough. If it is about the government announcement, has the club decided it is not going to fulfil any more fixtures, is it throwing in the towel, its odd there is a media blackout.
    I'm afraid that your club have form when it comes to being open and transparent with the media and the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I'm afraid that your club have form when it comes to being open and transparent with the media and the general public.
    "*******************************"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast