+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford

Oxford

Any forecasts? Going for 1-1. Kirk.

Just seen that the game's off. Wintle testing positive and Beccles feeling unwell. Hope they're both okay and not spread it to others.
    Hopefully postpone games(s) until crowds return.

So what's gone on? Oxford fans seem to be furious about our management of the situation. Did Wintle travel? Why did we name a team and then ask for the game to be called off? What happens to training if they are isolated?

BBC website now says it was Beckles! You pays your money and takes your choice!!

I guess we need to wait for the facts before any further speculation.

It seems that Wintle had tested positive and did not travel. Beckles had private test on Thursday-possible to confirm a negative result. Unfortunately it came back positive on Saturday morning. At what time management were told and Oxford were then told we do not know, and this is what seems to have upset Oxford fans.
    I think some answers are needed quickly.

We were told when the bus arrived at our stadium.... Crewe knew at 8:30.... irresponsible, ...they should have gone home
    The manager wanted to play!!!!!!...what's wrong with him???

We were told a player done a test Thursday, so he should have been isolating, what washe doing on the bus?
    We are all dumbfounded here in Oxford,

Quote Originally Posted by Howey57 View Post
    We were told a player done a test Thursday, so he should have been isolating, what washe doing on the bus?
    We are all dumbfounded here in Oxford,
    No, he should only have been isolating if he or a family member was showing symptions - which I beleive they were not. If everybody who had a test for whatever reason self isolated then there should be NO football at all. Premier league/ Championship players are been tested all the time, but are not self isolating.

Beckles took the test to set his own mind at rest, not because he thought he was positive.

I do agree that it is strange that the whole squad was not tested after Wintle was confirmed positve.

Quote Originally Posted by Howey57 View Post
    We were told when the bus arrived at our stadium.... Crewe knew at 8:30.... irresponsible, ...they should have gone home
    The manager wanted to play!!!!!!...what's wrong with him???
    Who told you this information? Personally, I have heard no confirmed details about timings.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast