+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ancelotti

Ancelotti

First game with the scouse mackems was Boxing Day last year but in that time he has totally transformed them. Yes, I know he's spent some money and Everton had spent an awful lot prior to his arrival but he's got them playing some fantastic football; not only that but he's improved players in a short space of time. Calvert-Lewin had scored 10 in three seasons and now look at him.

The point of this? Well Bruce has been firing back at the criticism of him, with one of his main arguments being that "we're in the middle of a period of change, these things take time".

In the middle? Over a year and more than 50 gamees in?

Now I'm not comparing the world-class Ancelotti with Mrs Doubtfire in terms of what I expect them to achieve with their respective squads but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what he'd said. The fact that he's using the amount of time he's been here as an excuse for shit performances just shows that, despite what he says, he's actually not very good at handling criticism. Happy to accept the plaudits when it's going well but full of excuses-or blames the players-when it's (more often than) not.

Anyway. Just got me goat. As you were.
    Last edited by Zippity; 03-10-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: In the middle of a process of change

Allegri would have done similar for us then again Mike Bassett would do better then Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    First game with the scouse mackems was Boxing Day last year but in that time he has totally transformed them. Yes, I know he's spent some money and Everton had spent an awful lot prior to his arrival but he's got them playing some fantastic football; not only that but he's improved players in a short space of time. Calvert-Lewin had scored 10 in three seasons and now look at him.

The point of this? Well Bruce has been firing back at the criticism of him, with one of his main arguments being that "we're in the middle of a period of change, these things take time".

In the middle? Over a year and more than 50 gamees in?

Now I'm not comparing the world-class Ancelotti with Mrs Doubtfire in terms of what I expect them to achieve with their respective squads but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what he'd said. The fact that he's using the amount of time he's been here as an excuse for shit performances just shows that, despite what he says, he's actually not very good at handling criticism. Happy to accept the plaudits when it's going well but full of excuses-or blames the players-when it's (more often than) not.

Anyway. Just got me goat. As you were.
    Iīve never understood Bruceīs insistance on time needed. He hinted again this week that the players have been trained to play a certain way and he is still trying to get them to change. What? After a season and a half with you at the helm? If he hasnīt managed to get them to play the way he wants yet then he is not managing them properly. Period.

The reluctance of pundits to look at his record in the top flight is extraordinary. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then itīs a duck. Noone has a worse record than him and he has no record of transforming a team for the better over time. Thereīs absolutely no reason to expect that he will start doing this now.

Iīm still convinced (after the PIF shambles) that the pundits are in the back pocket of the PL and big six (same thing, actually) and keep saying Ashley and Bruce are doing well just to help keep them in place and keep Newcastle down. There is no other explanation in my eyes for the ridiculous opinions they hold about Bruce and the polar opposite views they hold on what we should be doing at Newcastle compared to the top six clubs in this league. The whole thing stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Allegri would have done similar for us then again Mike Bassett would do better then Steve Bruce
    Ahh....back in the heady days where we thought we could trade our clapped out Vauxhall Nova for a brand new Bentley.
    Last edited by Zippity; 03-10-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ahh....back in the heady days where we thought we could trade our clapped out Vauxhall Nova for a brand new Bentley.
    Starting joelinton instead of almiron tonight as well

He's just dire.

Never his fault but always his win.

When we beat West Ham he was saying that the new players were playing like they'd been together for years, then we lost he wheeled out the old "we have 4 new players, they need time to gel".

Pathetic.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)