+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toon and Leeds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Toon and Leeds

Interesting point made on BBC.

We are told by all pundits that Leeds have had a brilliant start to the season.

We are also told that Newcastle's havn't been great.

Yet, we both sit on a plus 1 goal difference and 7 points.

I don't really know what point i'm making but I just thought it was quite interesting.

For whatever reason, most pundits are anti Toon & should be ignored. However I watched the Leeds game earlier & their enthusiasm & brand of football is pleasing on the eye.Probably year 1 enthusiasm aka Sheffield Utd. I do though think that they have a class manager which bodes well for them.

I think they'll do well this season and then have 2nd season syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Interesting point made on BBC.

We are told by all pundits that Leeds have had a brilliant start to the season.

We are also told that Newcastle's havn't been great.

Yet, we both sit on a plus 1 goal difference and 7 points.

I don't really know what point i'm making but I just thought it was quite interesting.
    The difference is in the football and opposition played. Leeds are great to watch and have a real go. Our football is slow and poor to watch.

We lost our game being taken apart at home by Brighton 0-3, whereas Leeds were unlucky to lose to the Champions 3-4.
    Leeds’ draw was against Man City and they outplayed them for parts of game. Our draw was........well, everyone remembers.

The only similarity between us and Leeds is in the table as you mentioned.

I think the other thing is that Bruce is happy to trumpet the fact that we're 6th but you just know that if we were bottom after 4 games he'd be pedalling the line that 'it's only 4 games'

If we are still 6th after 10 games I'll be happy to give him credit.

But we won't be. We all know we won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think the other thing is that Bruce is happy to trumpet the fact that we're 6th but you just know that if we were bottom after 4 games he'd be pedalling the line that 'it's only 4 games'

If we are still 6th after 10 games I'll be happy to give him credit.

But we won't be. We all know we won't be.
    i have watched out games and they have been awfull, dont let the points mask the dire performances.

Bruce could have something exciting here, we have wingers like Frazer and the Saint with Miggy and Wilson through the middle, we should be terrorising defences BUT there is no fluidity at all. Shelvey is a passenger and should be sold, Hayden and Hendrick in midfield work their arses off and Lascelles is always a second away from an error.

Leeds play gung ho attacking football, try to score at all costs. They have no plan B and i expect them to get relegated, it wont be long before teams figure them out and hit them on the counter.

Sheff Utd were picking teams off last season, sitting back and hitting on the break - until they played us. They had never faced a team that doesn't even attempt to attack, it brought them out and we snatched a win.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)