+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Music

Some right memories looking at the bands you've listed here.

I suppose it's the same in civvy street but music played a big part in my military service. Everyone had a joining up song. The song that was number 1 when they joined (Liked or disliked it was your joining song )

Mine was Stay by Shakespears Sister.

The great thing about music that it brings back so many memories of times and people I'd forgotten about over the years. And not just in the services but mucking about at school with your mates.

A friend of mine owns a little second hand record shop here in Weymouth and once a fortnight I pop down there for a couple of hours, drink a few coffees and listen to the vinyl that he is grading. Heard a lot of great albums and heard a lot of crap as well.

I didn't even know there was a niche for vinyl that has the sounds of steam trains. It is just crazy what has passed through that shop.

A few of my favourite bands are:

Rolling Stones
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    The Who
    Bob Dylan

Ahhhh classic rock Fred!

Joe Jackson was very a cool concert, always wanted to see Chris Rea.
    Genesis was huge days gone for me, 10cc and Godley & Creme...
    Ry Cooder Neil Young.
    Delirium also Era
    Not even touched the Blues yet!!!

C’mon guys & girls must be the blues out there!

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Some right memories looking at the bands you've listed here.

I suppose it's the same in civvy street but music played a big part in my military service. Everyone had a joining up song. The song that was number 1 when they joined (Liked or disliked it was your joining song )

Mine was Stay by Shakespears Sister.

The great thing about music that it brings back so many memories of times and people I'd forgotten about over the years. And not just in the services but mucking about at school with your mates.

A friend of mine owns a little second hand record shop here in Weymouth and once a fortnight I pop down there for a couple of hours, drink a few coffees and listen to the vinyl that he is grading. Heard a lot of great albums and heard a lot of crap as well.

I didn't even know there was a niche for vinyl that has the sounds of steam trains. It is just crazy what has passed through that shop.

A few of my favourite bands are:

Rolling Stones
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    The Who
    Bob Dylan
    Brings back memories (the joining up song). Alice Cooper - Elected, played all the time during RAF Scholarship selection at Biggin.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Ahhhh classic rock Fred!

Joe Jackson was very a cool concert, always wanted to see Chris Rea.
    Genesis was huge days gone for me, 10cc and Godley & Creme...
    Ry Cooder Neil Young.
    Delirium also Era
    Not even touched the Blues yet!!!

C’mon guys & girls must be the blues out there!
    Great list George....

Like the Miles Davis kind of blue album and Mr JL Hooker and his friend Muddy weren’t half bad if you are mentioning the blues.

also have a soft spot for Steely Dan and Creedance Clearwater Revival.

No mention of either the King, or even Queen.

What a time to be alive, by Mathew Crampsy.
    Can’t attach that YouTube stuff.

Stevie Ray ... Pete Green ... the great John Mayall

Never heard of MC. Just given him a listen pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    My wife was a big fan we did Slade Castle at the weekend, then Newcastle's football ground on the Tuesday I think and then off on holiday on the Wednesday to Tenerife - happy days
    Just saw an article on the news here quoting Springs****. If Trump wins the election, he is coming out to live in Australia! Hope he is bringing the band with him...

Has to be Scar for me, Love, Madness, Specials Ect...Never missed the scooter rally at Cleethorpes, Apart from last year as it got cancelled, not too bothered about the scooters, Although some on show are amazing, but the music superb..

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)