+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yuk, I think not. Only good thing about the Smiths was Johnny Marr!

Beatles, The Jam, Eagles, Genesis, AC/DC, Caravan (look 'em up!), Pat Benatar, Asia, Aerosmith, Alter Bridge, Monster Truck, Nickelback (early stuff), Elton John (again, early, up to Yellow Brick Road), Showaddywaddy, Roy Orbison, Elvis (up to the comeback tour), etc etc. NO SMITHS!
    Caravan - remember them well from my misspent youth! Remember them being played in the rollerena on occasion. To me they where a poor mans Moody Blues, but hey ho music is such an individual thing IMO.

The Smiths was a not thinly veiled dig my man - their most famous song - "Heaven knows I'm misserable now" just had to be your signasture tune LOL!

"Showaddywaddy" - REALLY? - what about the Bay city rollers? or Mud? jesus fella - they where included in the "mid/late 70's Shyte" I reffered to earlier - having said all that I did like a few bands from the 70's -TRex, The Who, Jethro Tull, Joy Division, Genesis - Saw Genesis at the Gaumont in Southampton in '75! and many more if I'm honest, but preffered the 80's

As alredy said - music is a very individual and personal thing
    Last edited by Tichi1; 05-10-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Caravan - remember them well from my misspent youth! Remember them being played in the rollerena on occasion. To me they where a poor mans Moody Blues, but hey ho music is such an individual thing IMO.

The Smiths was a not thinly veiled dig my man - their most famous song - "Heaven knows I'm misserable now" just had to be your signasture tune LOL!

"Showaddywaddy" - REALLY? - what about the Bay city rollers? or Mud? jesus fella - they where included in the "mid/late 70's Shyte" I reffered to earlier - having said all that I did like a few bands from the 70's -TRex, The Who, Jethro Tull, Joy Division, Genesis - Saw Genesis at the Gaumont in Southampton in '75! and many more if I'm honest, but preffered the 80's

As alredy said - music is a very individual and personal thing
    Caravan - Land of Grey &Pink, never bettered!. And Bay City Rollers? I think not, but Mud, Slade all good stuff, no music awards maybe but boy could they shift product.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    The Smiths were class man..but I get your point
    Total class- and so many people just didn't get the jokes, which always makes me laugh even more at the 'miserable' label.

I'm in a band and we do some Smiths stuff. Always crowd pleasers...

New model army, sisters of mercy , Mission, Cult, Nephilim for me.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    New model army, sisters of mercy , Mission, Cult, Nephilim for me.
    "The time i think most clearly, the time i slip away
    Is on the bus ride, that meanders, through these valleys of green and grey"

My favourite song about home.

Fav Northern soul is Duke Browner Cryin over you. . Into doo wop, Elvis, 60's Cliff. Load of early American 60's stuff. Drifters, Jay and the Americans.Too many to mention.

OMG

Now I really feel my age. Me and my brother were brought up on Frankie Laine. For those of you old enough to remember he sung the theme tune to Rawhide and Champion the Wonder Horse. We absolutely love him.

Other favourites Elvis, Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Hollies, Searchers, Brenda Lee, Marc Bolan, ABBA, Eagles, Queen, Kaiser Chiefs, Dr Hook and loads more. Mostly 60's and 70's

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Fav Northern soul is Duke Browner Cryin over you. . Into doo wop, Elvis, 60's Cliff. Load of early American 60's stuff. Drifters, Jay and the Americans.Too many to mention.
    Duke a classic worth about £ 2K on original issue, I collect mainly 6ts US 45s

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Average White Band?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    "The time i think most clearly, the time i slip away
    Is on the bus ride, that meanders, through these valleys of green and grey"

My favourite song about home.
    i think Thunder and Consolation one of the best Albums of all time.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)