+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

The Fall - another marmite band - love em

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    How rude!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    How rude!
    We're all a cultural mixture Rev even the line up's of U2 & Lizzie so makes life interesting.

For me it's an Irish blood,English heart thing Rev with a sprinkle of the French ''Je ne sais quoi'' so explains probably why I like the Pogues !

Rock history states artists such as Thin Lizzie & Rory Gallagher are widely beloved among their countrymen, even got a statue of Brummie born Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott standing on Dublin’s Harry Street - but nothing of Bono which must irk him.
    I get it but many don't - it's a Je ne sais quoi thing !

"Irish blood, English heart,
    This I'm made of,
    There is no one on earth,
    I'm afraid of,
    And no regime can buy or sell me,
    I've been dreaming of a time when to be English,
    Is not to be baneful ......... "

Love Gill the Leprechaun xx

MOT

Can't beat a bit of Mozzer Mr's O..seen him quite a few times over the years

"I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear"

Ah..the memories of a quiff hair do and a gladiola sticking out of one's ass

No quiff these days..in more ways than one

Had the obligatory picture outside Salford Lads Club

Suedeheads Rule

[QUOTE=whitestomper45;39595478]Had the obligatory picture outside Salford Lads Club

Suedeheads Rule

Strange title that song as nothing to do with suedehead culture.My two older brothers were into the 70s Suedeheads fashion/music culture and dressed in the brogues, loafers and Dr Marten brown boots stone wash jeans with turn-up's and button down check shirts.Following Leeds with their navy Crombie overcoats with Leeds scarf tied neatly but never ever with the 'Cockney style fancy Dan' silk handkerchief in the breast pocket.

Suppose that era got me hooked on ska music as that was all my brothers played - no such culture with kids today in dress or music for whatever reason,to much imported all American culture theme.Oddly 'tho when at Away days now it's only Leeds fans that wear the majority of scarves on show which maybe reflects the age group or our historic culture of being the dreaded Leeds Utd invading hoards from the North !

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    We're all a cultural mixture Rev even the line up's of U2 & Lizzie so makes life interesting.

For me it's an Irish blood,English heart thing Rev with a sprinkle of the French ''Je ne sais quoi'' so explains probably why I like the Pogues !

Rock history states artists such as Thin Lizzie & Rory Gallagher are widely beloved among their countrymen, even got a statue of Brummie born Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott standing on Dublin’s Harry Street - but nothing of Bono which must irk him.
    I get it but many don't - it's a Je ne sais quoi thing !

"Irish blood, English heart,
    This I'm made of,
    There is no one on earth,
    I'm afraid of,
    And no regime can buy or sell me,
    I've been dreaming of a time when to be English,
    Is not to be baneful ......... "

Love Gill the Leprechaun xx

MOT

Lived in Dalkey, have bump into bono, the edge, van morrison, enya, lisa stansfield,etc

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Had the obligatory picture outside Salford Lads Club

Suedeheads Rule

Surprising I know, but can't really see how can anyone seriously consider the Smiths anything other than a slightly quirky, self-indulgent piece of nonsense (apart from the aforementioned Johnny Marr) who took themselves way too seriously? Incoming!!!!!!!!

Was the depressing songwritting WTF, appealed to bored ****s at uni! Johnny Marr was class though...

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Was the depressing songwritting WTF, appealed to bored ****s at uni! Johnny Marr was class though...
    We agree on two things then (saw your comment on the Douglas thread!)😉

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)