+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Music I like. Not in any order:
    Meatloaf, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Beatles, Bee Gees, ABBA, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, Ed Sheeran.
    Mozart, Beethoven, Max Bruch, Tchaikovsky, Ralph Vaughn-Williams, Antoine Dvorak.

Northern Soul, Ska, 60's, Disco, Funk & Soul (I do like a wee boogie. 7 pints usually triggers it - particularly if bit of Boogie Wonderland comes on. Yip, Neil Sedaka, Luther Vandross, War on Drugs, Saults and all things Burt Bacharach.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Music I like. Not in any order:
    Meatloaf, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Beatles, Bee Gees, ABBA, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Elton John, Ed Sheeran.
    Mozart, Beethoven, Max Bruch, Tchaikovsky, Ralph Vaughn-Williams, Antoine Dvorak.
    Ok with all the above (except Ed Sheeran), provided the Fleetwoid Mac tou refer to was of the Peter Green era.

Very sad news this evening on the music front, that Eddie Van Halen has left us, aged just 65. Dont know why, but just makes we want to weep, a gifted, you might say inspirational musician, taken way too early, not right, not fair, not just.

Was certainly into a lot of the bands mentioned thus far...and then when I wanted to mellow out somewhat, I'd switch to the likes of Cat Stevens, Donovan, Neil Diamond (early days)....

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Very sad news this evening on the music front, that Eddie Van Halen has left us, aged just 65. Dont know why, but just makes we want to weep, a gifted, you might say inspirational musician, taken way too early, not right, not fair, not just.
    Damn loved Van Halen

Industrial goth. Anything out of Ireland from Planxty to Horselips to Kopec.
    Depache Mode, Tea Party, Dave Matthews, Chris Rea, Jim Jones Review.
    Velvet acid Christ, Dead Can Dance.
    Usual 60’s 70’s 80’s...

Rip EVH.

Love music of all calibre depending on my 'mindset of the moment' and all folks choices above I like too.At the 'mo Royal Blood is on my headset.

Choosing to work through the night to accommodate family life I always go to bed with Ralph Vaughan Williams playing (Lark Ascending,my favourite).For years my good buddy Leeds fan Alan Moulder (the record producer) without fail once a week at 3am (as he works through the nights) sends me a 30 minute demo of what he's working on and what's trending - so I'm always all ears for new stuff good or bad and have quite a backlog of demos off him.

For 'school runs' I'm presently 'enduring' French progressive reggae/ska dubs that my kids are into which is surprisingly okay.
    When Cycling,running I listen only to metal especially Pantera.
    If driving alone I only listen to mellow Irish folk/Breton folk stuff nowadays.
    If in a bad mood (very rare) Rage Against the Machine will be on loud or Beastie Boys.
    For the tough moments of life The Editors,Placebo,Ian Brown,Fleetwood Mac and yes the Smiths have got me through some lows.

Yep,sounds of the Stones,Hendrix,Kinks,Doors,Faces,Beach Boys,Led Zep,Deep Purple,Cream,T- Rex,Slade,Alice Cooper,Black,Sabbath,Eddie and the Hotrods,Pistols,Sham 69,Ian Dury of Punk era,Stray Cats,Dr Feelgood,Joy Division,all Electo stuff particularly Depeche Mode,AC/DC,Stone Roses are all floating around the home at the ready if required.
    Out and about I love to hear buskers playing live street music, whatever wherever especially the sounds of a French accordion and banjo.

I do like to collect late 50s/60s/70s Ska/early Dub,Rocksteady Reggae vinyl and have a decent collection built up cheaply as it's widely available in my nearby cultural quarters of Nantes and Paris for me.
    https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...s-paris-france

Sisters of Mercy - Ben Gunn their guitarist was a real character and helps many folks through Mental illness initiatives,nothing was to much trouble for him to do.Blokes a unsung hero to many including my daughter.Top geezer !
    MOT

This weeks song for me, as the anniversary of my wife's passing approaches, is Sandy by the Hollies. The last concert we went to together in Harrogate was the Hollies, now fronted by my old school pal Peter Howorth, who does an amazing job. I went and had a chat with Peter in the interval for which my wife gave me a rollocking for disturbing him 'at work'. Peter dedicated Sandy to my missus, we cried all the way through it. A brilliant piece written by Bruce Springs**** and later recorded by him as Asbury Park 4th July.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    This weeks song for me, as the anniversary of my wife's passing approaches, is Sandy by the Hollies. The last concert we went to together in Harrogate was the Hollies, now fronted by my old school pal Peter Howorth, who does an amazing job. I went and had a chat with Peter in the interval for which my wife gave me a rollocking for disturbing him 'at work'. Peter dedicated Sandy to my missus, we cried all the way through it. A brilliant piece written by Bruce Springs**** and later recorded by him as Asbury Park 4th July.

Nice story mate

My song for my wife was the one she loved Go Now. Moody’s. Mine for her which gets to me is Justin Hayward Forever Autumn.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)