+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Surprising I know, but can't really see how can anyone seriously consider the Smiths anything other than a slightly quirky, self-indulgent piece of nonsense (apart from the aforementioned Johnny Marr) who took themselves way too seriously? Incoming!!!!!!!!

Disagree - think equal merit goes to Morrisey & Marr.
    Morrisey - words are up there for me with the great alternative views of the Greeks Aristotle and Zeno's thought school of Stoicism,England's Francis Bacon,Bertrand Russell,Frenchman Jean Paul Sartre,Ireland's George Bernard Shaw,American John Locke,and even modern Manchester pair John Cooper Clarke (Poet) & Ian Curtis (JoyDivision) to name a sprinkled few,but each to their own I guess.
    Marr - riffs are simplistic,easy for kids to copy and then able to create a confident quick understanding of an instrument with many permutations.His balanced use of catchy arpeggios with simple two string melodies often layered on top with other guitar solo parts (all on top of one another) produces some incredible sound effects,particularly effective when playing live.Plenty of old style gizmo to his unique sound/style.
    MOT

Lol the 'depressing' angle. Only if you don't actually listen to the words - have a crack at Frankly Mr Shankly, or really, most Smiths songs just even reading the words - you'll end up smiling if you get over the media-led miserableness dogma.

Morrissey and Marr were equal geniuses in their own fields. Hence why they are now rightly seen as game-changers in music history - poetry, passion and power.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Disagree - think equal merit goes to Morrisey & Marr.
    Morrisey - words are up there for me with the great alternative views of the Greeks Aristotle and Zeno's thought school of Stoicism,England's Francis Bacon,Bertrand Russell,Frenchman Jean Paul Sartre,Ireland's George Bernard Shaw,American John Locke,and even modern Manchester pair John Cooper Clarke (Poet) & Ian Curtis (JoyDivision) to name a sprinkled few,but each to their own I guess.
    Marr - riffs are simplistic,easy for kids to copy and then able to create a confident quick understanding of an instrument with many permutations.His balanced use of catchy arpeggios with simple two string melodies often layered on top with other guitar solo parts (all on top of one another) produces some incredible sound effects,particularly effective when playing live.Plenty of old style gizmo to his unique sound/style.
    MOT
    looks like a cracking "copy paste" from a Smiths lovein website.....

Back in the day, if you were Leeds it was the goth scene, if you were Manc, it was the Smiths, happy mondays and all that bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Back in the day, if you were Leeds it was the goth scene, if you were Manc, it was the Smiths, happy mondays and all that bollox.
    Can't ever say I was in the goth camp (younger brother was, but he was never a Leeds fan!), but prefer if that had been than any Happy Mondays/Inspiral Carpets bogsh1te

Whooooaaaaa steady Tiger.....

The Smiths being lumped in with the C rappy Mondays and the Uninspired Carpets?

Mozza and Marr had more talent in their respective roman noses.

i like the smiths, wouldnt have admitted it in the 80s in leeds though...

I always liked Smiths crisps, you know that little blue bag! Quite catchy!!

The Tea Party anyone? ‘Ocean at the end’ particularly a firm favourite of mine.

Some girls are bigger than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Some girls are bigger than others.
    Guys too (cough)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)