+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Music

Am a bit of a northern soulie/ indie... wot u listening to/fave song

Dad passed mother is in a bad way so not far off and me well hanging in there so not a good time to lisnen to music.
    Growing up even at a young age i used to love lisnening to folk music eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e80qhyovOnA
    I found it calming and soothing.
    Also like listening to her. Belinda Carlisle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WP6POdTgY
    Last edited by ozleeds; 05-10-2020 at 03:59 AM.

old school goth for me.

Indie and old school house.

Fools Gold has seemed an apt track during these new normal times

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Indie and old school house.

Fools Gold has seemed an apt track during these new normal times
    Pretty much anything from the 80's Punk revolutionised the music scene following the bland shyte of the late 70's

WTF11 - Favorite tracks are almost certainly by the Smiths....

The Smiths were class man..but I get your point

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Dad passed mother is in a bad way so not far off and me well hanging in there so not a good time to lisnen to music.
    Growing up even at a young age i used to love lisnening to folk music eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e80qhyovOnA
    I found it calming and soothing.
    Also like listening to her. Belinda Carlisle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WP6POdTgY
    I totally get that OZ, music evokes so many memories; I spent three days with Mum the other Xmas whilst she hung on til Boxing Day, we played her every Frank Sinatra song out there several times, she went with a big smile on her face though, now I can't bear to hear the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Pretty much anything from the 80's Punk revolutionised the music scene following the bland shyte of the late 70's

WTF11 - Favorite tracks are almost certainly by the Smiths....
    Yuk, I think not. Only good thing about the Smiths was Johnny Marr!

Beatles, The Jam, Eagles, Genesis, AC/DC, Caravan (look 'em up!), Pat Benatar, Asia, Aerosmith, Alter Bridge, Monster Truck, Nickelback (early stuff), Elton John (again, early, up to Yellow Brick Road), Showaddywaddy, Roy Orbison, Elvis (up to the comeback tour), etc etc. NO SMITHS!

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I totally get that OZ, music evokes so many memories; I spent three days with Mum the other Xmas whilst she hung on til Boxing Day, we played her every Frank Sinatra song out there several times, she went with a big smile on her face though, now I can't bear to hear the guy.
    Got that last bit in spades. "Born to be Wild" played at Mo's cremation, now some f00kwit has made it all soft and luvvy duvvy for a f00king car advert, could kill some people!

That is the great thing about music it brings back memories of times gone by. If I hear Eye of the Tiger I don’t think of Rocky but Leeds in the 1990s when they players used to come out to it at ER.

Smiths were quality - proper lyrics sung with sass and attitude! Though they managed to make even Gary Neville look happy.

Used to love Hall and Oates and David Bowie back in the 80s and certain songs bring back memories of those times straight back.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)