There is a thread on the County board by an older fan about how County have failed hopelessly for 23 years. They have failed despite having money a good ground and a lot of fans.

The consistency to failure is the boardroom, and all its problems, as at Cambridge, all things that live thrive in stability. I do feel better about United, that a bigger club can fail as badly, and that Dufism is widespread.

I think you can take from this is that widespread constant stability is required before United go to QPR or whoever and expect to win.

Molly my rescue dog, since coming to England has been shoved from pillar to post because she was difficult to handle, it took a while, but she is now totally relaxed, happy and at home, and she knows it.

Change is the name of the game though, it will always happen, in every situation. Change though is usually the pre cursor to failure unless it becomes stable. Even then it may not happen. Is there a factor x?, probably. DNA is important, unspoken silent unconscious motivation like psychopathy or narcissism will always destroy no matter what.

Anyway, the reason to feel better is that there are worse cases, thats not healthy either. I think its fair to say Cambridge have had their fair share of psychos in the boardroom.

Stability will never come from one bad egg. A united board, no pun intended could provide nirvana.

Richard of Gonville Place.