+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no new striker

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You can't be serious about Crooks. Vassell je suis d'accord
    I am serious about Crooks. Not for me.

We know Crooks can play better than what’s he’s been doing lately, let’s give him time to sort himself out, he did play better in last game than the previous one imo so that’s an improvement.
    International break could do him some good but personally I think it’d be better if we had a game to keep him occupied

What is it we want from Crook that he isn't already doing? To me it looks like he's been asked to do a job and he's doing it.

The one thing that watching the match on TV does is makes it look like players have gone missing in games. The camera doesn't do justice to what work players are doing off the ball.

Wow, TS not wanting to stay in the Championship? A bit of an overreaction 4 games into our Championship season. Okay, its really disappointing that 4 points have been lost from winning positions, which mirrors our problem last time. And yes the forwards are not scoring at the moment. But lets look at the facts. if you look at Saturdays programme you will see that the Millers squad contains 15 players signed since the start of the 2019-20 season and that does not include Dan Barlaser.

I've said before that this team was a work in progress last season and it still is. That, and the fact that our opposition is stronger with generally better attackers, defenders and goalies than in League 1. It is bound to be harder to score and maintain slender leads. Once we get used to the pace of the Championship I feel that we will do fine. We have good players in this squad who are still learning. I believe that Freddie Ladapo will score goals as will George Hirst. It just takes time for things to click into place. It may result from an injury to a player that requires someone stepping in. That could result in a different way of playing that could reap rewards. Who knows. I don't. What I do know is that there's a long way to go and we have players who can deliver given time. Believe in Warney, believe in TS and believe in the players. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What is it we want from Crook that he isn't already doing? To me it looks like he's been asked to do a job and he's doing it.

The one thing that watching the match on TV does is makes it look like players have gone missing in games. The camera doesn't do justice to what work players are doing off the ball.
    You happy with that?
    Arent all players told what to do?

I’m sure you’ve seen him play better can what he’s been doing lately.

He needs to maybe calm down and read the game instead of just running to the ball, needs to know where to be.

Midfield can be the answear for our strikers scoring, if they’re not there and strikers have to track back it won’t help at all
    Last edited by millertop; 06-10-2020 at 11:28 AM.

I'm a big fan of Crooks but he hasn't started the season too well, but can and (hopefully) will play a lot better. Gru called for Crooks to be dropped after every game last season which proves what we all already knew, that he knows nothing about football. He took a guess when we signed him that Crooks was crap and he has to stick to that opinion to save face.
    Last edited by Masbroughstreet; 06-10-2020 at 11:54 AM.

When you look at the chairmen at SWFC and Barnsley and see what a mess they are in,I'm happy being a Miller.We have just signed a very good midfielder who could well be a shining light in this division.We will more than likely be bringing in another right winger over the next few days.Well done TS and PW.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I'm a big fan of Crooks but he hasn't started the season too well, but can and (hopefully) will play a lot better. Gru called for Crooks to be dropped after every game last season which proves what we all already knew, that he knows nothing about football. He took a guess when we signed him that Crooks was crap and he has to stick to that opinion to save face.
    1st time I saw him come on last time in the championship could see he was no athlete, that's not changed. Last season league 1 was poor. Play-offs showed you that.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    1st time I saw him come on last time in the championship could see he was no athlete, that's not changed. Last season league 1 was poor. Play-offs showed you that.
    So poor that your mate Lamy couldn't get a game in it for us or Wimbledon?

Woops and there goes another thread bang off topic. A topic which I thought was about strikers and TS not wanting Championship footie at NYS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast