+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why no new striker

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Wow, TS not wanting to stay in the Championship? A bit of an overreaction 4 games into our Championship season. Okay, its really disappointing that 4 points have been lost from winning positions, which mirrors our problem last time. And yes the forwards are not scoring at the moment. But lets look at the facts. if you look at Saturdays programme you will see that the Millers squad contains 15 players signed since the start of the 2019-20 season and that does not include Dan Barlaser.

I've said before that this team was a work in progress last season and it still is. That, and the fact that our opposition is stronger with generally better attackers, defenders and goalies than in League 1. It is bound to be harder to score and maintain slender leads. Once we get used to the pace of the Championship I feel that we will do fine. We have good players in this squad who are still learning. I believe that Freddie Ladapo will score goals as will George Hirst. It just takes time for things to click into place. It may result from an injury to a player that requires someone stepping in. That could result in a different way of playing that could reap rewards. Who knows. I don't. What I do know is that there's a long way to go and we have players who can deliver given time. Believe in Warney, believe in TS and believe in the players. UTM.
    Apologies for biting to you know who and back on topic.

I agree with most of what you've said here, I think we're in a lot better shape than last time. On watching the opening games it's clear that that a lot of work has put into the defensive shape (and rightly so) and barring a couple of big errors, it's worked so far. I think as we become more comfortable in the system then we'll create more chances and I agree that Ladapo and Hirst will score goals if they get the chances.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You happy with that?
    Arent all players told what to do?

I’m sure you’ve seen him play better can what he’s been doing lately.

He needs to maybe calm down and read the game instead of just running to the ball, needs to know where to be.

Midfield can be the answear for our strikers scoring, if they’re not there and strikers have to track back it won’t help at all
    To be honest Topsy I'm delighted with the way the club team and players have been playing this season.

Every player who has started a game done well. It's my opinion on what I've seen. Some substitutions haven't been effective but that's how football is.

I don't think that Crooks is playing badly but he has other parts to his game that we haven't seen yet this season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    1st time I saw him come on last time in the championship could see he was no athlete, that's not changed. Last season league 1 was poor. Play-offs showed you that.
    Not an athlete?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    To be honest Topsy I'm delighted with the way the club team and players have been playing this season.

Every player who has started a game done well. It's my opinion on what I've seen. Some substitutions haven't been effective but that's how football is.

I don't think that Crooks is playing badly but he has other parts to his game that we haven't seen yet this season.
    We’ve definitely started better than previous but we need to be better and stop making the same silly mistakes
    The subbing was a waste of time in last game imo
    We need to get the strikers scoring, find the right partners and get midfield to come forward more instead of the strikers having to track back

The o/p needs to read the board and club site before posting imo

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Apologies for biting to you know who and back on topic.

I agree with most of what you've said here, I think we're in a lot better shape than last time. On watching the opening games it's clear that that a lot of work has put into the defensive shape (and rightly so) and barring a couple of big errors, it's worked so far. I think as we become more comfortable in the system then we'll create more chances and I agree that Ladapo and Hirst will score goals if they get the chances.
    No need for apologies Masbrough. Its so easy to get dragged off course. I feel that Barlaser will be the key to a lot of what we do in terms of attack. If he can meet the challenge of the Championship (and he certainly has the skill) he will create chances for the forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    1st time I saw him come on last time in the championship could see he was no athlete, that's not changed. Last season league 1 was poor. Play-offs showed you that.
    How did the play-offs show that the league was poor? Because Wycombe went up? Just like the Premier League was poor because Sheffield United finished top half? You have some seriously weird things happening in your head.

Tree just needs to impose himself on the game. For a lad that size in midfield you would think he would stand out in some way. He's 6 ft 5 or worrever but has been playing like he's 5 ft 6! When he dominates in midfield he is like a tank and hard to stop.

Come on tree get those champ midfields and defences rolled over. You can do it!

Another key thing is how can we respond when we go a goal behind because that was a problem last time
    We didn't manage to equalise vs Millwall even though we gave it a good go
    Early days though so hopefully we'll have improved with that as well

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We’ve definitely started better than previous but we need to be better and stop making the same silly mistakes
    The subbing was a waste of time in last game imo
    We need to get the strikers scoring, find the right partners and get midfield to come forward more instead of the strikers having to track back
    You're right, is MacDonald'e injury serious?
    Last edited by frogmiller; 06-10-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast