+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Sloth departs (quite quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I take the view why would he want to stick around when he cant even get on the bench for a non league club??
    He didnt come here for that and i too would ask to leave. The rubbish about not settling in the area is a smoke screen imo. He probably wont be the last.......
    If you have been injured for last 2 weeks of pre season and not up to peak fitness then you obviously wont get selected.

He sounds like a pr*ck to me and has previous for it he is no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If you have been injured for last 2 weeks of pre season and not up to peak fitness then you obviously wont get selected.

At least he did the honorable thing and left, he could have hung around like a bad smell picking up a wage, but didn't. Best of luck to the lad, hope he finds what he's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Completely agree!
    Damn right glad he's gone. Arrogant fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Interesting comments from Ardley on the radio just now. Basically Sloth just threw his toys out of the pram at not being in the team for Dover.
    It was an honest and frank response from Neal Ardley so credit to him on that.

No player should think they can just turn up and walk into the side even when injured or not. Having to fight for your place is something that all players should accept.

When the club has done so much to get rid of toxic players we don’t want anymore. Regardless of their ability no one player is bigger than the club. Likewise if they don’t want to fight for their place that’s not the right attitude and could cause problems in the dressing room.

To be fair the player could have just hung around taking a wage so at least it frees that money up if the club want to get a replacement.

On this occasion the manager has demonstrated who is boss and rightly so in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Who knows, maybe he wants to go home to Denmark? Bottom line is he got injured in pre-season, which is the last thing he needed given his absence from the game for an entire season.

Unless I’m missing someone, we now have Doyle, JOB and Reeves as our midfield choices in a season with a constant “3 games a week” routine (only way I see us playing Rodrigues is in a 4-2-3-1). For me, that’s got to be our priority over a forward at this point in time
    At least you put “three games a week” in quotes. Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday is two games a week, and those who seem to think it really is three games a week get my goat 🙄😄.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Damn right glad he's gone. Arrogant fool.
    He's either profoundly arrogant or deeply insecure, which sometimes results in behaviour that comes over like arrogance. If he takes even a mild form of "rejection" like not being picked for one game in such an immature way, I'd guess he has an extremely fragile ego. You can have all the football talent in the world, but if you don't have a strong mentality to go with it, you'll struggle to sustain success in the ultra-competitive professional environment. It was widely implied that Stanley Aborah had a similar problem, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    At least he did the honorable thing and left, he could have hung around like a bad smell picking up a wage, but didn't. Best of luck to the lad, hope he finds what he's looking for.
    Yes that is true and is a fair point.

He has only played around 70 games in 6 years as well which being honest is not a good sign.

He clearly has talent but like Jack Wilshere its not much good if you are always injured.

No loss - use the savings to get another midfielder, the squad last night showed we are light in that area.

I saw the Ardley interview, he seemed pissed off about it, the guy was injured and expected to be selected anyway... arrogance knows no bounds, fair play to Ardley for trying but this guy seems like a lost cause... wrong attitude to be a professional footballer.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast