+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Managerial Movers and Shakers (2020-21)

bilic for Watford,hasn’t got a ring to it but the likely choice I reckon.

In days gone by it was never acceptable to sack a Manager just before Christmas, but, unless other things are going on behind the scenes, this latest sacking by Watford is completely barking.

I don’t know what they expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    In days gone by it was never acceptable to sack a Manager just before Christmas, but, unless other things are going on behind the scenes, this latest sacking by Watford is completely barking.

Well it’s not quite barking,that’s more east London..😁.

16 managers have now been sacked in the Premiership, Championship, Division 1 & 2 since 5th October 2020, plus 2 managers resigned Struber from Barnsley, Wellens from Swindon to go to different clubs.
    The latest 2 managers to get the sack Bilac at West Brom, & Vladimir Ivic at Watford are unbelieveable jerk reactions from both clubs boardrooms.
    With results at Arsenal going belly up, they maybe another manager Arteta losing his job.

It seems there is a pandemic in football, with the managers dropping like fly's.

Scottish premiership team Ross County, have sacked their manager Stuart Kettlewell, after losing at home Saturday 19th December.
    Having only won one game since August 2020, the board relieved the manager of his job, after their latest defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

They expect top spot all season

I wonder when he was given his marching orders.
    Watford were at Hudds yesterday so they would not have got home until 8/9pm so did he get a call on the bus or when he stepped off at Vicarage Road.
    Maybe he got in the owners car, given his P45 and then dropped off at Woodall Services and had to make his own way home

This is getting more and more ridiculous innit!.
    They/Watford are still one of the better teams in this league and they still might go up this season. So why has he been sacked ?.

The same goes for Phil Parky at Sunderland, they were just a few places and a few points outside of the top 6 when he was sacked. What are these rich owners expecting these days, promotion to be achieved before Christmas eh ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This is getting more and more ridiculous innit!.
    They/Watford are still one of the better teams in this league and they still might go up this season. So why has he been sacked ?.

The same goes for Phil Parky at Sunderland, they were just a few places and a few points outside of the top 6 when he was sacked. What are these rich owners expecting these days, promotion to be achieved before Christmas eh ?.
    Often I think it’s the make up of the squad, the type of players in it.

Some have a lot of those sneaky, whinging players that take every opportunity to stir up issues, to moan behind the manager’s back, a type of player that was portrayed in the film Damned United ( though exaggerated in that film)

Watford to me look as though they have a few, undermining the manager, then the next manager, then the next. You then get “he’s lost the dressing room”

Getting rid of the trouble makers is hard because they are often fan favourites and will start the undermining of the manager more quickly

There was some mention of a player causing unrest in the Watford dressing room, think what age what was mentioned it fitted Deeney, he was not selected yesterday, so we hazard a guess.
    When you look at players pushing their nose & trying to influence a football club boardroom, you don't have to look further than Lionel Messi.
    But quite a few pundits & fans have voiced their disgust in the Bilic sacking, & surely it will be the same with Ivic's sacking at Watford.

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast