+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition

Petition

...supported by the club asking for fans to be allowed into matches.

Why the fk would anyone sign this?

Risking COVID, supporting Masters, the bent PL and Ashley's coffers.....yet dumbfks are signing in droves. Makes me sick.

No PL club should be struggling for cash with the money swilling around.

...to be fair the majority of fans have said no.

I can see how lower league clubs are effected but surely the PL should be supporting them and not the government.

Masters knows that without fans the PL product is harder to sell for the extortionate prices they are used to. At the end of the month when the verdict is given in Switzerland he knows he will have to tear up the contract with Bein and look for a new deal. His statement reads as if he is doing this for the supporters but we all know its to line his pockets. Asking for people to expose themselves to a virus that has killed over a million and is having a second wave to sate his greed is systematic of a corrupt organisation and is absolutely disgusting. The quicker the PL collapses the happier I will be.
    I do have sympathy for the EFL clubs and the rest who do not get the tv money the PL gets and therefore matchday income is essential to them, but once again they should not be risking peoples health. The PL should be giving more support to the lower leagues and not just these days but continually. Without the EFL and grassroots clubs football would die PL included
    Last edited by malamoto; 09-10-2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason: would not let me have the word v i t a l

...I mean, its not as if the football is worth risking COVID to see.

All about the money which never sees the light of day in our 1st team anyway and ends up buying new businesses for the fatman.

Fk your money.

....normally ts hard days like these when a loyal, decent owner and PL can expect to see loyalty from the fans but unfortunately for fatso andbco this not the case after 14 years of abuse.

It's mental.....as if the virus isn't around any more???

I've heard them bleating on about how safe it would be and how fans need to sign up to force the government to change their mind.

We're on the very edge of it all going tits up again and these fucking morons are thinking of nothing but themselves??? It beggars beleif, man...why should football be a special case? Aye let's have tens-hundreds- of thousands of people across the country all mixing together...what could possibly go wrong?

Aye, I feel sorry for the lower league clubs particularly but this is unprecedented in modern times and sometimes you've just got to go 'well this is the situation we're in, it's the hand we've been dealt and, unfortunately, not everyone (in a business sense) is going to come through it.' it's harsh as fuck but what else can be done? And that's a genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's mental.....as if the virus isn't around any more???

I've heard them bleating on about how safe it would be and how fans need to sign up to force the government to change their mind.

We're on the very edge of it all going tits up again and these fucking morons are thinking of nothing but themselves??? It beggars beleif, man...why should football be a special case? Aye let's have tens-hundreds- of thousands of people across the country all mixing together...what could possibly go wrong?

Aye, I feel sorry for the lower league clubs particularly but this is unprecedented in modern times and sometimes you've just got to go 'well this is the situation we're in, it's the hand we've been dealt and, unfortunately, not everyone (in a business sense) is going to come through it.' it's harsh as fuck but what else can be done? And that's a genuine question.
    Totally agree.

And if there is an industry best placed to weather the storm it should be football with the wealthy owners, sponsors and tv money in it......unless of course these clubs have allowed themselves to become so highly geared financially due to greed they can't survive then I've got no sympathy.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)