+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Is TTR happy

O/T Is TTR happy

At Chris Hughton being appointed at Florist.?
    Could be a good choice, successful at this level!
    Lee Westwood is happy!

I think its a good sensible appointment one I'd have been happy with IF IF IF Cocu got the push

I don't know what to believe anymore. Before COVID, everything was wonderful. Not quite the best, but we competed with anyone. Then we couldn't buy a goal, never mind a point.
    Why and how? Same players, but a completly different mind set and effort?
    How he kept his job escaped me?

But new season? And it's even worse?
    There is a good pool of players here, so for me he had to go. It can only be his doing for some reason.
    Houghton?
    Well on paper it looks a good choice and could have been a lot worse.
    But, this is NFFC.
    Just like you lot. God knows who is suitable.

One has to question Hughton's understanding of the "manager's union" unwritten rules. Lambouchi gets sacked and CH is appointed all of 10 minutes later....... unethical to say the least.

Unfortunately, I think he might be the man to turn the season round. I certainly hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    One has to question Hughton's understanding of the "manager's union" unwritten rules. Lambouchi gets sacked and CH is appointed all of 10 minutes later....... unethical to say the least.

Unfortunately, I think he might be the man to turn the season round. I certainly hope not.
    ‘Managers’ Union’? Never had you down as naive, MA.

Good appointment for them...it’s a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Managers’ Union’? Never had you down as naive, MA.
    It might no longer exist but there used to be more of a "first you sack him and only then will I speak to you" mantra among managers. They adhered to it as it also "protected" them from being stabbed in the back. Hughton and the Dogs don't seem to have that particular "scruple".

It might no longer exist but there used to be more of a "first you sack him and only then will I speak to you" mantra among managers. They adhered to it as it also "protected" them from being stabbed in the back. Hughton and the Dogs don't seem to have that particular "scruple".
    I rather think thats a "rule" you have concocted in your own mind, as there are many examples of managers being lined up to replace one thats going to be sacked! It is and always has been a dog eat dog world and it would be rare for a manager not to be contacted about a role to gauge their interest and establish their required terms prior to another manager being sacked and most clubs have a replacement lined up before they wield the axe! Or perhaps all communication with the prospective new manager is by telepathy?

I doubt any out of work manager who is open to an appointment is going to say "sack him before you speak to me", given the precarious nature of the profession, they may never get another job.

Of course maybe wee Billy has that principle as he has not been offered a job lately, though he claimed that was because there was a conspiracy against him within football, but maybe it was because he wouldn't discuss any job before the club had sacked the incumbent manager!

... or maybe I've muxed ip two different things and it applies to managers already in work that club A needs permission from club B prior to talking to B's manager.......

... or maybe I've muxed ip two different things and it applies to managers already in work that club A needs permission from club B prior to talking to B's manager.......
    Thats different, a contractual requirement which if broken could result in the manager being sacked. Not to say it doesn't go on though, tapping up as its known of players and managers through agents or third parties is an underhand practice. But in this case Houghton being unemployed could have been sounded out quite legally.

They're pretty good at messing up a decent manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)