+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 more infected.

2 more infected.

According to the OS, 2 more players have tested positive and will undergo self-isolation for 10 days. All the others, it seems, tested negative and, it can be inferred from the comments, the game against Wigan can go ahead. So, on top of the list of injuries 4 players will be missing from the next game. The missing players will be given a training programme.
    So, despite its initial problems, are all the players being made to use the (Serco) Covid app? Are they also being made extra aware of the current dangers of too much social interaction?
    We have already seen the stupidity of young Premier League players attending large parties. How aware are these people?
    We really need to be confident that people have enough common sense to combat the virus do that we can all get back to being involved in the game we love.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    According to the OS, 2 more players have tested positive and will undergo self-isolation for 10 days. All the others, it seems, tested negative and, it can be inferred from the comments, the game against Wigan can go ahead. So, on top of the list of injuries 4 players will be missing from the next game. The missing players will be given a training programme.
    So, despite its initial problems, are all the players being made to use the (Serco) Covid app? Are they also being made extra aware of the current dangers of too much social interaction?
    We have already seen the stupidity of young Premier League players attending large parties. How aware are these people?
    We really need to be confident that people have enough common sense to combat the virus do that we can all get back to being involved in the game we love.
    I think the story is that 2 players tested positive last week and 2 more tested positive over the weekend as in most cases of Coronavirus those supposedly infected are showing no adverse effects and will return after 10 days. The covid app is not a cure for a positive test and it does not stop you getting a positive test so what use it is in this situation I don't know. When it comes to interaction we all have to make an assessment as to what we think the risks are and I assume the players are exactly the same. It does not help in getting supporters back into the ground but I am not sure what will get us back in at the moment.

I didn't suggest the app was a cure. I think there's a bit of an overextension here.
    I can't believe people still tag along with the idea of a 'supposed' virus. Especially after 45,000 deaths.
    As for self-assessment of risk, it's the 'self' bit that bothers me. Restrictions are to protect others by preventing the spread. It's a social solidarity thing. That's what we need and then we can get back to enjoying the football together.

I suppose we'll get an idea about 2 today of who the other 2 players are - may be fringe ones/development squad new pros of course - but DA's been careful to say there are people missing today for Covid *and* for injury reasons, so may not be wholly clear (apart from Ports and anyone else who hasn't played at all of course).

Just so long as Trigger isn’t one of those infected.....

No Dale or Finney in the match day squad, Wintle returns....and Beckles on the bench - not sure how that works but I guess it’s within the rules!