+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The League's far too unbalenced......

The League's far too unbalenced......

Premier League have spent over 1.2 Billion in transfer fees while lower league clubs scratching around for the tea lady's wages. For instance, Gareth Bale getting £600,000 a WEEK, I know split between Spurs and Madrid, that kind of money is just sick when clubs like Mansfield have gone bust while owing a few thousand.

If Spurs don't win the League this year somethings wrong.
    Last edited by claw84; 08-10-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Premier League have spent over 1.2 Billion in transfer fees while lower league clubs scratching around for the tea lady's wages. For instance, Gareth Bale getting £600,000 a WEEK, I know split between Spurs and Madrid, that kind of money is just sick when clubs like Mansfield have gone bust while owing a few thousand.

No fans in the ground. It is baffling in relation to lower league clubs like Swindon being able to pay the wages at all.
    Our manager has mentioned that the big clubs need to share the love a bit.

I can see top clubs doing OK ish on merchandise but how can this continue.
    I don't doubt that I am not the only one rapidly losing interest as well

Good post claw.

That Bale deal seems an extravagance. Real Madrid always seem to be able to fleece clubs when doing their deals

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    No fans in the ground. It is baffling in relation to lower league clubs like Swindon being able to pay the wages at all.
    Our manager has mentioned that the big clubs need to share the love a bit.

I can see top clubs doing OK ish on merchandise but how can this continue.
    I don't doubt that I am not the only one rapidly losing interest as well

Good post claw.

That Bale deal seems an extravagance. Real Madrid always seem to be able to fleece clubs when doing their deals
    did,nt the spuds get a government loan?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    did,nt the spuds get a government loan?
    Doris seems to have loadsa money to spend on our good nation. PM of the century magic money tree

Anyone on £600.000 per week in any role in life is immoral in my opinion.
    As for lower league clubs they sadly may lose their pro/semi status but they have true supporters who will resurrect their clubs albeit maybe with just a few hundred proper fans.
    But they will still exist and overpaid so called footballers should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't like to see clubs go bust, mainly because of the fans, but you have to remember that all these clubs are businesses. Asking one business to give money to another business is a difficult one. I don't know the answer but I hope that somehow all clubs can survive these difficult times.

If Spurs don't win the League this year somethings wrong. Love it claw.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post

My heart skipped a beat when I read that Mansfield had gone bust only then to realise that you must have meant Macclesfield

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    I don't like to see clubs go bust, mainly because of the fans, but you have to remember that all these clubs are businesses. Asking one business to give money to another business is a difficult one. I don't know the answer but I hope that somehow all clubs can survive these difficult times.

If Spurs don't win the League this year somethings wrong. Love it claw.
    I get what you saying Dave about elite football being a business which sadly it is ( always has been i guess).
    But for proper fans the word "sport" Means "Win some ..Lose some".
    I have played Sunday league/ Other leagues (when i was fitter) lol.
    But we still played under FA Rules and paid fines for yellow/red card ect.
    I still owe some of my fines Lol.

The Arts sector was given £1.57 billion in grants and loans by the Treasury to protect theatres, g*­alleries and the like that are suffering from Covid but, so far, nothing for the EFL which entertains as many (probably more) folk week after week. That’s my taxes and yours used to bail out the likes of the Tate while our Cubs are tottering and heading for the trash-heap. The National League has had a few million thrown at it but that’s it. So far as this Government’s concerned what was traditionally regarded as the working man’s entertainment can wither and die. And I know that football Clubs are businesses, but so are theatres, opera houses, g*­alleries etc, and these have also benefitted from subsidies for as long as I can remember. It’s time for Sunak to realise that football’s about more than the Premier league, just as the arts, as they have already realised, is about more than Shakespeare and Swan Lake. Time for them to cough up.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    My heart skipped a beat when I read that Mansfield had gone bust only then to realise that you must have meant Macclesfield
    Sorry, Cocopops, yes a slip of the pen as it were. Macclesfield went bust few weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast