+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michael Nottingham

Michael Nottingham

.... signs for Accrington! Feel a bit screwed over by Neil Critchley over this one. Did he and Blackpool give us the chance to buy him before we signed Daniels and Beckles? Or didn’t he fancy joining us?

I wish him well as he did us proud but it leaves a bitter taste.

very odd! What did Critchley offer him? And why, considering he's let him go after only a few weeks?

They had an option to extend his contract (no strings), which they did. I thought it was due to his form at Gresty Road..... maybe not. As I say, strange

From what I’ve seen, Beccles and Daniels better

Cant say anything about Daniels based on 10 minutes play, but Beckles is certainly no better, if fact I would have preferred Nottingham. However, Blackpool or Critchley were playing games and they didn't want him playing at Crewe, did Blackpool receive any money for him in which case it would be more understandable.

I agree with you, gobstopper, on the merits of Nottingham over Beckles - nothing against him but he doesn’t look as dominant in the air or as confident. Both of them have a mistake in their game but Nottingham and a Offord were a good partnership at the end of last season.

Regarding a fee, the BBC website suggests that Stanley paid an ‘undisclosed fee’ for the Sheriff’s services. I’d happily have paid that as I’m sure Daniels and Beckles both got signing on fees from us.