+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pay per View scheme penalises fans of smaller clubs

New Pay per View scheme penalises fans of smaller clubs

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...ue-tv-19080571

We have to pay £330 to see 22 non televised Burnley games, Man U fans had 11 more games on Sky so only have to pay £165 for their 11 non TV ones.

Is this Rob the poor give to the rich PL or will the smaller clubs get to share PPV receipts?

What about Season ticket holders?

Just another scheme to try to recoup their losses as far as Sky is concerned, remember the fact that many people suspended their subscriptions when football stopped in March.
    As far as season ticket holders are concerned we have always said that the fans who attend games are not important as far as TV is concerned, hence the frequent changes of dates and kick off times when we were in 'normal' times.

My answer is a simple one. Phuck off, I ain't paying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Just another scheme to try to recoup their losses as far as Sky is concerned, remember the fact that many people suspended their subscriptions when football stopped in March.
    As far as season ticket holders are concerned we have always said that the fans who attend games are not important as far as TV is concerned, hence the frequent changes of dates and kick off times when we were in 'normal' times.
    I haven't gone into this in any detail Sub, it just bores me, and I'm like BT, I just won't be paying it, but just skimming the headlines I don't see how Sky can be blamed for this, it appears to be a PL scheme. Sky seem to be fulfilling their part of the deal, they've paid for a package of games, they've chosen the games they are going to show under the terms of their package, I don't see what the rest of the games have to do with Sky. What am I missing here ? And I admit I might well be missing something obvious, it wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I haven't gone into this in any detail Sub, it just bores me, and I'm like BT, I just won't be paying it, but just skimming the headlines I don't see how Sky can be blamed for this, it appears to be a PL scheme. Sky seem to be fulfilling their part of the deal, they've paid for a package of games, they've chosen the games they are going to show under the terms of their package, I don't see what the rest of the games have to do with Sky. What am I missing here ? And I admit I might well be missing something obvious, it wouldn't be the first time.
    True, sinkov, it is a joint venture with 19 out of 20 PL clubs voting in favour. It is obviously something which suits both the PL and Sky, however, I am the same frame of mind as you and BT because I won't be paying it either ---nor will I be worrying about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    True, sinkov, it is a joint venture with 19 out of 20 PL clubs voting in favour. It is obviously something which suits both the PL and Sky, however, I am the same frame of mind as you and BT because I won't be paying it either ---nor will I be worrying about it!
    This was always going to happen at some point you now have the option of watching your own club at home from your armchair and it’s £15 for the privilege, reality is if we’re on the scheduled fixtures 6-8 times a year, you have 30 games at £15 for an arm chair season ticket , if not don’t do it
    It’s just a season ticket for your club

If it helped Burnley directly ( while this situation is running I’d have payed it ). Maybe the clubs have missed a trick or maybe the Epl are trying to replace some of the monies they’ve lost up to press to invest in the clubs again at the end of the season.

Problem I can see it will make a lot of armchair fans going forward and the clubs may end up missing out on match day revenues and season ticket money.

Be honest £15 to watch Burnley at Spurs on Monday night is cheap in comparison to going.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    This was always going to happen at some point you now have the option of watching your own club at home from your armchair and it’s £15 for the privilege, reality is if we’re on the scheduled fixtures 6-8 times a year, you have 30 games at £15 for an arm chair season ticket , if not don’t do it
    It’s just a season ticket for your club

If it helped Burnley directly ( while this situation is running I’d have payed it ). Maybe the clubs have missed a trick or maybe the Epl are trying to replace some of the monies they’ve lost up to press to invest in the clubs again at the end of the season.

Problem I can see it will make a lot of armchair fans going forward and the clubs may end up missing out on match day revenues and season ticket money.

Be honest £15 to watch Burnley at Spurs on Monday night is cheap in comparison to going.
    I have come to the conclusion that a lot of supporters will not return as spectators and season ticket holders.

I have also concluded the Home Office would prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that a lot of supporters will not return as spectators and season ticket holders.

I have also concluded the Home Office would prefer it that way.
    Not just the Home Office, the Home Office is part of the government, so this is what the Tory government want, the Labour opposition support what the government is doing, so it's also what the Labour Party want. The only party to vote against giving this lunatic government emergency powers were the LibDems. God help us when they're the only sane politicians left in the country.

Well, we all have our opinions.

But with around one in 200 currently having Covid in this area, that would mean that a full house at t'Turf would contain around 100 people carrying the disease. If you are happy to take the chance of sitting next to someone who may have it for two hours, go home and live with your wife and kids, visit your parents etc and you think that is sensible, then fair enough.
    I would err on the side of caution and give it a swerve.

Personally, I won't be paying £15 a game to watch us on the telly, unless it is a crucial match. But that's just me. I have no problem with it because clubs are taking a big financial hit at the moment and every little helps.
    I would prefer if the money received was doled out to include the lower league clubs , many of who are in dire straights.

Me and Burnley Football Club have been partnered together for over fifty years and during that time, we have gone through many disappointments, but we have always stayed together, and my fidelity has never wavered.
    Right now, however, we are going through a rough patch, we have not seen each other for months and have only been able to keep in touch from a distance. That was okay, but on Friday my club announced that I would no longer be able to do that, unless I parted with even more of my meagre resources than I had already committed to our relationship.
    Resources which I and others (ours is not an exclusive relationship) have willingly committed on the assumption that we would be able to get together on a regular basis and that when we did, that my club would make every effort to present itself in as positive a manner as possible.
    But recently my club has let its standards slip, it has not replenished and refreshed itself as others have. The neglect and shabbiness is starting to show; and now this!
    It isn’t as if there is a shortage of other suitors; Leicester City for example are successful, friendly, with a nice home and not afraid to splash the cash, but with enough of a conscience to stand alone against this latest outage. I am disappointed, nay appalled, that my club could not find it in themselves to do the same.
    I do not currently feel valued or respected by my club. There have been times, down the years, that I have felt this before but somehow, we have always pulled through, we will probably do so again this time, but right now we are not talking.
    Clarets Mad resident writer-in-chief Dave Thornley vents his spleen on the English Premier League’s latest ruse to make the average football fan part with even more of their hard-earned Wonga. Burnley Football Club do not escape his ire either. (TEC).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)