+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peterhead

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm not singling anyone out for today. It's a general concern about the defence, he has made it worse.

That's what's worrying, good players that are good enough imo and looked decent under Neilson against St Mirren (the Scottish Cup) and Hibs along with a few others not looking upto mucj compared to last season, nothing to do with the opposition level going up as today was against a side weaker than they were hosing on at times last season.

My genuine worry is they don't rate MM or think he isn't instilling much confidence or knows what he is doing... Hope not but starting to have my doubts

Big reaction and improvement needed in the next few games.
    Fair enough, but it was plain for some of us to see that certain players from last season were simply not good enough to make the step up, no matter how well they played in the Championship. Now we've gone through the transfer window without upgrading any of them (Fuchs the exception as he may well be decent) we're in real trouble imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Well seeing as Butcher is never a midfielder and Connolly is never a fkn footballer therein lies a deep problem within our team......growing up in Whitfield in the 80s I've had my fair share of witnessing folk on the glue.......were/are you one of them?
    Said this during the week. The spine of our team needs ripped out and replaced.

sorry put this in the wrong place initially.

OK, where to start to round up that pish......... Lets do it the way the managers do.... "there was plenty of positive"!

Indeed yes there was. on the park they all came from Peterhead, but from a United view point here is the positives.

Pawlett should be shipped out. Rank for the last 2 seasons.
    McMullan couldn't skin a Peterhead defender. Shipped out!
    Cammy Smith (despite his loyal supporters on here) did nothing, contributed nothing. Ship out time.
    Appere simply not living up to the early hype and promise, give until Christmas window then ship out.
    Connolly just makes me nervous even watching from the TV screen, I don't have confidence in him. A month for the DUFC ladies side
    L Smith, same as Appere, has until Christmas window to recover
    Edwards, brings nothing that Reynolds has, why is he here?
    Robson, needs serious help on that side.
    Harkes, needs serious midfield help
    Butcher, Dylan. far too similar, both under performing

Keeper passed muster.

It feels like MM hasn't lost the dressing room but instead has totally confused it with whatever mumbo jumbo he is trying to weave!

Too many under performers on the day. Too many consistent under performers. Its time for the management and support to toughen up and not accept mediocrity.

Our poor recruitment over several years has come home and kicked us in the nuts. Too many of our players flatter to deceive. I'm not going to list them all here because I'll break the internet.

When you look at clubs like Livingston Motherwell St Johnstone St Mirren Kilmarnock (and others) they all have a core of good if not noticeable players who know how to keep a ball, make passes and create. They're ideal for a manager.

We need to recruit better and not just on the basis of the sell on model which has seen Hoti and Fuchs sign. An example would be Craig Conway. Not sure if he would have come back to us, don't know if we asked, but even at his stage one good season from him in our midfield could have made the difference between mid table and a scrap at the bottom.

No I would not want RN back but I'm beginning to wonder what's happening with the coaching under Mellon because we looked decent at Dingwall Motherwell and at home v Celtic but the last 2 games the players look like they've met for the first time just before kick off.

Think the lad Hoti should get a start in front of Pawlett soon he can't be any worse, Fuchs in as soon as possible for he who cannot be dropped, and Shanks/Clark/McNulty up front.

Luckily today's match wasn't a league game but it might be soon enough based on that midden of a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Well seeing as Butcher is never a midfielder and Connolly is never a fkn footballer therein lies a deep problem within our team......growing up in Whitfield in the 80s I've had my fair share of witnessing folk on the glue.......were/are you one of them?
    Butcher was our main man in midfield last season and dominated the fun in the first two derbies, ragdolled them. He was also very good beside paton in a top six Utd in the prem

Hopefully will improve with Fuchs in there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    not good enough. said it before and ill say it again id rather have had RN
    Not controversial, despite not been universally liked by all our support, Utd fans are funny that way but RN was a good Utd manager, previously a good hearts manager and will be again for them

I do now think RN is a pr1ck for abandoning ship forespecially with the legal case going on but I do think we'd be in a better situation with him in charge as the consistency would have been there to build on

In non covid times I was very confident he'd have got us up and improved us (like he already did with hearts) and we'd have hit the ground running in the top flight

We will never know now as covid happened and phucked what would/could have been in all respects even down to the big crowds we'd have had home and away this season, I do feel we've been impacted more than say clubs who were struggling or just mid table.

Despite a couple of bad results and poor performances I certainly don't think we would be in a better position with the boring, negative, stubborn, tombola - loving, turncoat pr1ck in charge.

Agree 100%. Mellon just in the door, lumbered with a lot of average players, and he's bigging up Neilson, a manager who served up some absolute garbage gut wrenchingly poor performances.

I'm not convinced reg Neilsen, Hearts under Neilsen in championship destroyed teams, Utd rarely hit those heights, we were turgid even in a lot of our wins, and bailed out by Shankland. Last nine games or so were woeful. I think there is every chance he would have struggled. Definitely disrupted recruitment plans though. Problem was we recruited big to get out championship, but few of those players look capable of keeping us there as was suggested. We needed 4-5 top class signings to bring the dross around them up. I'd have happily lost everyone of our centre halves from last season, absolute bare minimum was one top class centre half, if not two, but we have actually got worse there because Edwards looks on par with what we have and we have actually extended connollys contract. Could have played Shankland, clark, McNulty today, not going to help if you make about 3 chances in 2 games.

I still think MM is decent manager, but he needs to stop fannying around now and settle on team and formation and getting team hard to beat again like at start of season. No doubt we'll be clinging on to Jan window again for salvation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)