+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Words.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    So when we won away at Ross County and Motherwell our new manager was a breath of fresh air but now he's been more or less fund oot ??? Does nobody get any sort of time nowadays? I was probably one of the few that was quite happy for RN to lead us into the prem but when he went I was also happy enough with MM.

It amazes me when managers nowadays get no time at all to build a team and they always bear the brunt of failings on the park by the players. Players today especially that should be busting a fkn gut to impress but obviously don't have the cahoonas to do so......Fuchs,McNulty and Shankland to come back in plus Liam Smith being up to speed will 100% improve us.

Come on ti fk.......get behind the manager ffs aye.
    Effin joke mate, some on here want Mellon punted already. You couldnae make it up! 😡

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Malky and Mackay.

I’ll leave it there.
    Fruit and cake

Far too early to for this talk.

7th after 10 games which pretty much the same squad as The Championship with Shankland missing for most of them. The last 2 home games have been terrible and Micky needs to sort it out. What makes people assume McKay would have us higher than 7th in the league at this stage?

So when we won away at Ross County and Motherwell our new manager was a breath of fresh air but now he's been more or less fund oot ??? Does nobody get any sort of time nowadays? I was probably one of the few that was quite happy for RN to lead us into the prem but when he went I was also happy enough with MM.

It amazes me when managers nowadays get no time at all to build a team and they always bear the brunt of failings on the park by the players. Players today especially that should be busting a fkn gut to impress but obviously don't have the cahoonas to do so......Fuchs,McNulty and Shankland to come back in plus Liam Smith being up to speed will 100% improve us.

Come on ti fk.......get behind the manager ffs aye.
    I get what your saying mate. I’m still backing MM to early to do anything else. But I’m as pissed off as anyone after that *******s today. As mentioned else where. Peterhead guys have barely kicked a ball in the past 6 months. We’ve had 10 games in the top flight. Granted we where missing a few key players. No disrespect to Peterhead but we should be able to field a team with a mixture of youth and experience at home and waltz it. Today we cldnt pass water. Tactically we were all over the place. Peterhead showed more passion and hunger today than we as a team across the board have shown in the past 3 games. MM got to turn things around before next week or we will be on a hiding g to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Fruit and cake
    I’d have used the same words as well for anyone suggesting pre game that we would get dominated at home by part time Peterheid having had only pre season games against the likes of Fraserburgh and Inverurie Locos under their belts as preparation.

I want the manager to succeed - which Arab wouldn’t want ANY United manager to succeed- but Jesus Christ that was right up there with 6-1 v Falkirk imo. It was THAT bad.

so......Fuchs,McNulty and Shankland to come back in plus Liam Smith being up to speed will 100% improve us.

Come on ti fk.......get behind the manager ffs aye
    I agree ...... Lets get behind the manager ...... Lets hope the defence gets revamped ----- perhaps Pawlett and Connelly are not the answer.... I think today's game has created more questions than answers.
    I do want MM to succeed.

C'mon United!

I’d have used the same words as well for anyone suggesting pre game that we would get dominated at home by part time Peterheid having had only pre season games against the likes of Fraserburgh and Inverurie Locos under their belts as preparation.

I want the manager to succeed - which Arab wouldn’t want ANY United manager to succeed- but Jesus Christ that was right up there with 6-1 v Falkirk imo. It was THAT bad.
    The whole thread, which you started, would suggest anything apart from someone who wanted the manager to succeed.

Its an unusual gutshot of a thread starter from one of the best posters of this fine board imo.

A wee bit out of character fae Mr McLean.

Its an unusual gutshot of a thread starter from one of the best posters of this fine board imo.

A wee bit out of character fae Mr McLean.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I’m mindful that back in the day I guess I was a bit of a ‘happy clapper’ behind The Snake and Sacknamara when a vocal ‘minority’ on here were warning of impending doom before season 2015/16. I was a disbeliever and went in with blind faith and look where that left us. After that debacle I’m a bit more ready to call things out and sorry that today was phucking unacceptable whether a manager has been here for 2 games or 200 games.

What is concerning me more though is the fact that it was not unexpected. In the last weeks we have played Killie,The Rangers, St Mirren, Accies, Livingston, Brechin and now Peterheid. Taking out the Brechin game, hand on heart I can honestly say that we have played well in the second half against St Mirren and the first half against Accies and otherwise it has been total cack, culminating in that today. Today was no ‘one off’ but a continuation of a downward spiral from which I am struggling to see a way out of. I have to say the transfer window left me underwhelmed also and the deals done so far, particularly with Edwards, are leaving me somewhat uninspired.

As you are all probably well aware Malky Mackay was my first choice for manager and it still rankles me as to how he lost out on the job but trust me, I genuinely want Micky Mellon to succeed. If he has then it means the Club has been successful and who doesn’t want that? Raising a concern though doesn’t make you a bad supporter, it shows that you care. I very much hope that I end up with egg on my face, but in order to do that, the Manager needs to up the performances, big time.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I’m mindful that back in the day I guess I was a bit of a ‘happy clapper’ behind The Snake and Sacknamara when a vocal ‘minority’ on here were warning of impending doom before season 2015/16. I was a disbeliever and went in with blind faith and look where that left us. After that debacle I’m a bit more ready to call things out and sorry that today was phucking unacceptable whether a manager has been here for 2 games or 200 games.

What is concerning me more though is the fact that it was not unexpected. In the last weeks we have played Killie,The Rangers, St Mirren, Accies, Livingston, Brechin and now Peterheid. Taking out the Brechin game, hand on heart I can honestly say that we have played well in the second half against St Mirren and the first half against Accies and otherwise it has been total cack, culminating in that today. Today was no ‘one off’ but a continuation of a downward spiral from which I am struggling to see a way out of. I have to say the transfer window left me underwhelmed also and the deals done so far, particularly with Edwards, are leaving me somewhat uninspired.

As you are all probably well aware Malky Mackay was my first choice for manager and it still rankles me as to how he lost out on the job but trust me, I genuinely want Micky Mellon to succeed. If he has then it means the Club has been successful and who doesn’t want that? Raising a concern though doesn’t make you a bad supporter, it shows that you care. I very much hope that I end up with egg on my face, but in order to do that, the Manager needs to up the performances, big time.
    It was unacceptable BUT MM is just in the job and he game a few fringe players a game to prove they can be part of the first team, especially creative and forward players. They let him down badly, it's still a learning process for him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)