+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two Words.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It was unacceptable BUT MM is just in the job and he game a few fringe players a game to prove they can be part of the first team, especially creative and forward players. They let him down badly, it's still a learning process for him.
    Agree but he has to learn very quickly who he can rely on not from what he was told but what he can see on the park imo
    Certain players in this team and squad def DO not improve DUFC therefore the manager has to manage or its his neck on the line and us fans who suffer again.

We need Connolly dropped for sure lets try Edwards and Reynolds to see if they can form a partnership,being honest we know whoever plays alongside him will look worse as they have to cover for him not reading play and being out of position.
    Connolly causes a nervousness similar to when we had very poor goalkeepers between the sticks,plus it doesn't help our young full backs.

Midfield is obviously another worry similar to Scotland,lack of width,directness and pace to turn defence and create chances for decent strikers....another problem to solve.
    imo Pawlet and none of the fringe players will solve that,put Apperre in there give him a run of games as he works hard and helps out Robson.Hopefully his confidence will improve and also allow Robson to get further up to cross early if they rotate.

Wee bit worried,but still hopeful!

ps Butcher alongside Reynolds is also something we may need to try again if Fuchs work out.

He can only asses the fringe player by playing them and this is what he's using these league cup games for. He'll be finding out a lot I think.

The Sporle/Robson combination on the left has been a highlight in a recent poor run and MM shouldn't be messing with that.

[QUOTE=TerryTheTerror;39595610]He can only asses the fringe player by playing them and this is what he's using these league cup games for. He'll be finding out a lot I think.

The Sporle/Robson combination on the left has been a highlight in a recent poor run and MM shouldn't be messing with that.
    (QUOTE)

I don't mind him messing about with the team as long as it isn't in the SPL matches. Only when we have a fully fit squad and an important SPL match ( I know they all are) will we get a glimpse of what he thinks is his best team. We still have new players to try out and bed in while trying to stay in the big league, not an easy task.

Hopefully like ourselves MM has seen a few (obvious) things when he has been trying things out. Some of the players folk were crying out for to get a game (myself included) have been given game time, but instead of showing the manager exactly what they will do when given the chance most of them have let themselves down.

I know players can't have great games all the time but when given a chance they can at least show a real desire to win. That I'm afraid has been sadly lacking with fringe and some regular players.

Looking forward to the new players turning out and a few others back in their proper positions to see if we can get a settled team. Here's hoping!

phuck off.

Corona virus.

Joe's gonna.

Be Biden

in the

White hoose.

Admin one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)