+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P/L table now updated for games played 10th Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    This is getting redickadickalus now. Keep it Simple imo.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I've thought of a new incentive for next season.

5 bonus points awarded if, you choose one player only from your 10 predictions and that player scores a hat trick or more.
    I don't mind sifting through the results for this one as they will be few players achieving this.

Any more ideas let me know so we can discuss them.
    👍

Ericslad, I don't mind running this but that's stretching it too far fella.
    Opps scored a own goal, yellow card but no point deduction.

I've thought of a new incentive for next season.

5 bonus points awarded if, you choose one player only from your 10 predictions and that player scores a hat trick or more.
    I don't mind sifting through the results for this one as they will be few players achieving this.

Any more ideas let me know so we can discuss them.
    The single goalscorer prediction ran into complications on previous PLs when a poster picked a player who happened to be part of a game that got postponed at the last minute and they didn't have time to make a change. I used to allow them to make 2 picks the next week to make it fair but that was just adding even more complications so we dropped it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The single goalscorer prediction ran into complications on previous PLs when a poster picked a player who happened to be part of a game that got postponed at the last minute and they didn't have time to make a change. I used to allow them to make 2 picks the next week to make it fair but that was just adding even more complications so we dropped it eventually.
    Yes I recall this now you've mentioned it. One way to resolve this is for everyone to keep an eye on games and if they see their chosen game is postponed, then they will still have time to choose another player before kick off. I will also bump up and mention this should a game be called off.

Once again I'm just trying to bring in more incentives, any ideas yourself?

Yes I recall this now you've mentioned it. One way to resolve this is for everyone to keep an eye on games and if they see their chosen game is postponed, then they will still have time to choose another player before kick off. I will also bump up and mention this should a game be called off.

Once again I'm just trying to bring in more incentives, any ideas yourself?
    I like simplicity with incentives for success so 10 games, predict the scores, 1pt for a correct result, 5pts for a correct score, 20pt bonus for all 10 results correct, 50pt bonus for all 10 scores correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I like simplicity with incentives for success so 10 games, predict the scores, 1pt for a correct result, 5pts for a correct score, 20pt bonus for all 10 results correct, 50pt bonus for all 10 scores correct.
    '5pts for a correct score' I'll be there til midnight trying to work that lot out

'5pts for a correct score' I'll be there til midnight trying to work that lot out
    It's actually not that bad once you get into a rhythm. Commit the scores of the 10 games to memory and then go through the posts one by one scoring them in your head or on a piece of paper. Takes about 20-30s per post and helps fight off dementia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12