+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Covid-19 myth

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Deeranged.
    Thank you for your kind condolences.
    I do not want to say too much about it but the treatment that my brother had in 1981 saved his life but he was never warned that there were side effects which could cause him problems in later life.
    If he had been told in 1981 he could have had periodic health checks throughout the next 35 years which might have saved his life.
    If the result of the investigation which was published in 2007 had not been ‘swept under the carpet’ my brother and other people who had received the same treatment could have had a warning placed on their health records.
    Lord Peter Hain who was a personal friend of my brother was at his memorial funeral service where the congregation were told what caused my brother’s death.
    Lord Hain has never used parliamentary privilege to expose this cover up in the same way as he did to expose Sir Philip Green.
    Lord Robertson of Port Ellen is a worried man as a number of his Labour chums are in the frame for this cover up including Andy Burnham the Mayor of Greater Manchester who was the Secretary of State for Health from 5th June 2009 until 11th May 2010. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Burnham
    Last Thursday evening I heard Andy Burnham stating on BBC Question Time that he had previously been the Health Minister.
    I said to my wife. That is another one in the frame for the cover up that caused my brother’s death.
    I'm sure that once you've explained this to the police or to a competent lawyer all these people will be brought to book.

Tell me Islay, what age was your brother when he received this treatment in 1981?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm sure that once you've explained this to the police or to a competent lawyer all these people will be brought to book.

Tell me Islay, what age was your brother when he received this treatment in 1981?
    My brother was 21 and he was studying law at Edinburgh University.
    You may have read on another topic that I have posted that Police Scotland would not investigate
    the fraudulent standing orders debited to my father’s RBS bank account because he had already received a refund
    from his bank.
    As a result I have no faith that the police both in England and Scotland would carry out a full investigation.
    I forgot to say that in 1976 there was a previous investigation but due to the small sample
    of people in the investigation the result was declared inconclusive.
    The health professionals must have known that there was a problem in 1976 but unfortunately nothing more was done until
    2007 when a larger investigation was carried out.
    In my opinion it is imperative that as many people as possible know about this cover up which ultimately
    caused my brother’s premature death even if that means it being blasted across the ‘Red Top‘ newspapers throughout the U.K.
    Sadly I cannot bring my brother back but I intend to extract my revenge by exposing this ‘cover up’
    by governments at both Westminster and Holyrood.
    Health is a devolved matter at Holyrood and guess who was the Cabinet Secretary for Health
    at Holyrood commencing May 2007.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 14-10-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My brother was 21 and he was studying law at Edinburgh University.
    You may have read on another topic that I have posted that Police Scotland would not investigate
    the fraudulent standing orders debited to my father’s RBS bank account because he had already received a refund
    from his bank.
    As a result I have no faith that the police both in England and Scotland would carry out a full investigation.
    I forgot to say that in 1976 there was a previous investigation but due to the small sample
    of people in the investigation the result was declared inconclusive.
    The health professionals must have known that there was a problem in 1976 but unfortunately nothing more was done until
    2007 when a larger investigation was carried out.
    In my opinion it is imperative that as many people as possible know about this cover up which ultimately
    caused my brother’s premature death even if that means it being blasted across the ‘Red Top‘ newspapers throughout the U.K.
    Sadly I cannot bring my brother back but I intend to extract my revenge by exposing this ‘cover up’
    by governments at both Westminster and Holyrood.
    Health is a devolved matter at Holyrood and guess who was the Cabinet Secretary for Health
    at Holyrood commencing May 2007.
    Quite interesting Islay. I'd like to give you my take on what it sounds to the outsider has happened here.

Your brother had a condition in 1981 when he was 21 for which he received life saving treatment - for that we can thank the NHS as without that treatment he would likely have died in 1981. Subsequently, in 2017 at the age of 57 he died as a direct result of the treatment that saved his life in 1981 at the age of 21? And you say there's been a conspiracy and cover up?

I am genuinely sorry your brother passed away so young but do you not think it would be better to thank the doctors (or any sky fairy you might also think exists) for the 36 years extra life he lived?

My brother in law died at the age of 39 after a life long illness. His parents were told when he was born that he wouldn't survive 18 months, then five years, then 10 years and so on. He defied all their predictions.

He was given the option of treatment as an adult that could improve his life but was also told that it could well have the opposite effect and might ultimately shorten his life. He chose to have the treatment. Nobody blames the doctors for doing it because they improved his life even if it was for a fairly short time and it was his own choice. He had a rare condition that the doctors tried to help him with, the numbers of people with this condition make it impossible to study the effects of various treatments properly. I wonder, given your comment about the numbers being too low to carry out an investigation in 1976, if your brother also had a rare condition that doctors tried their best with? You do seem very sketchy about the treatment given and the condition your brother was in at age 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Quite interesting Islay. I'd like to give you my take on what it sounds to the outsider has happened here.

Your brother had a condition in 1981 when he was 21 for which he received life saving treatment - for that we can thank the NHS as without that treatment he would likely have died in 1981. Subsequently, in 2017 at the age of 57 he died as a direct result of the treatment that saved his life in 1981 at the age of 21? And you say there's been a conspiracy and cover up?

I am genuinely sorry your brother passed away so young but do you not think it would be better to thank the doctors (or any sky fairy you might also think exists) for the 36 years extra life he lived?

My brother in law died at the age of 39 after a life long illness. His parents were told when he was born that he wouldn't survive 18 months, then five years, then 10 years and so on. He defied all their predictions.

He was given the option of treatment as an adult that could improve his life but was also told that it could well have the opposite effect and might ultimately shorten his life. He chose to have the treatment. Nobody blames the doctors for doing it because they improved his life even if it was for a fairly short time and it was his own choice. He had a rare condition that the doctors tried to help him with, the numbers of people with this condition make it impossible to study the effects of various treatments properly. I wonder, given your comment about the numbers being too low to carry out an investigation in 1976, if your brother also had a rare condition that doctors tried their best with? You do seem very sketchy about the treatment given and the condition your brother was in at age 21.
    Hi Deeranged,
    I am very sorry to hear about the sad death of your brother in law at the age of 39.
    Whilst the treatment that my brother received in 1981 gave him an extra 36 years of life if the results of the 2007 investigation had not been covered up he would have known about the side effects of the treatment he received in 1981.
    It is possible that health professionals knew about the side effects of my brother’s treatment in 1981 but chose not to tell him in case he managed to avoid them.
    I would far rather know about the possible side effects in 1981 than find out about them in September 2026 when it was too late to do anything about it.
    My brother could have had regular check ups from 2007 and any necessary treatment if required.
    It was only after my brother suddenly took lll in September 2016 that he was informed about the side effects of his treatment in 1981.
    By then it was too late and the damage was done.
    After my brother died I carried out some research into the cause of his death and that is when I discovered about the investigation which had been covered up in 2007 and the previous one in 1976.
    Goodness knows how many other investigators have been covered up because the results due not suit the agenda of the Government(s) in power.
    Despite what some people may think I have more strings to my bow thank fretting about the access issues to the car parks at the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds which are very minor compared to this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)