+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Covid-19 myth

Another Covid-19 myth

We are continually being told that we can become infected with the Covid-19 virus as a result of it being on a hard surface.
    This is another myth.
    There was an article in the Sunday Times dated 4th October 2020 that we can only become infected with the Covid-19 virus if we are close to someone spewing the virus from their nose and mouth without in most cases knowing that they are doing so.
    A US microbiologist called Emanuel Goldman explained in the article tests in laboratories bore ‘little resemblance to real life scenarios’.
    There has also been an article recently published in the Lancet that Italian researchers reported their attempts to grow the virus from samples recovered from surfaces in a coronavirus hospital ward in Pavia, Northern Italy had proved unsuccessful. This information proves that there is nothing to prevent spectators attending football matches throughout the U.K. as long as they wear a face mask to prevent the transmission of the Covid-19 virus by someone sneezing or coughing.
    In my opinion it is high time that the politicians and ‘health experts’ throughout the U.K. and beyond came to their senses. They should not be depending on laboratory tests but instead testing what happens in everyday life.
    Then things can get back to normal and I can watch Bargain Hunt on BBC1 Scotland at 12.15pm on weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We are continually being told that we can become infected with the Covid-19 virus as a result of it being on a hard surface.
    This is another myth.
    There was an article in the Sunday Times dated 4th October 2020 that we can only become infected with the Covid-19 virus if we are close to someone spewing the virus from their nose and mouth without in most cases knowing that they are doing so.
    A US microbiologist called Emanuel Goldman explained in the article tests in laboratories bore ‘little resemblance to real life scenarios’.
    There has also been an article recently published in the Lancet that Italian researchers reported their attempts to grow the virus from samples recovered from surfaces in a coronavirus hospital ward in Pavia, Northern Italy had proved unsuccessful. This information proves that there is nothing to prevent spectators attending football matches throughout the U.K. as long as they wear a face mask to prevent the transmission of the Covid-19 virus by someone sneezing or coughing.
    In my opinion it is high time that the politicians and ‘health experts’ throughout the U.K. and beyond came to their senses. They should not be depending on laboratory tests but instead testing what happens in everyday life.
    Then things can get back to normal and I can watch Bargain Hunt on BBC1 Scotland at 12.15pm on weekdays.
    Reminds me of the film Sully where the computer models of the crash bear little resemblance to real life

Still hoping Boris, Hancock and Sturgeon will end up in court.

Is there a source of statistics that gives the date of a person death in hospital, the date they were admitted, age, BMI and details of previous general health? Seems to me with the actual numbers of recent deaths it should be possible to give a much more detailed account of those who have died and are being reported as a covid death.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Reminds me of the film Sully where the computer models of the crash bear little resemblance to real life

Still hoping Boris, Hancock and Sturgeon will end up in court.
    Have been watching Glenn Close as Patty Hewes in tv series Damages. Need someone like this to get some traction for a change in policy. Not really expecting the politicians to get into trouble but do think there will be payouts, like the PPI payouts, once the lawyers get themselves organised. My sympathy is with the families who have lost elderly relatives who were not treated by the NHS and moved into the care sector.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Is there a source of statistics that gives the date of a person death in hospital, the date they were admitted, age, BMI and details of previous general health? Seems to me with the actual numbers of recent deaths it should be possible to give a much more detailed account of those who have died and are being reported as a covid death.
    NHS Scotland, NHS England, NHS Wales and NHS Northern Ireland will be able to provide this information if they receive a Freedom of Information (FOI) request. However there is a financial limit to the cost of providing this information free of charge.
    The National newspapers will have sufficient financial clout to pay for the cost of a large FOI request like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Have been watching Glenn Close as Patty Hewes in tv series Damages. Need someone like this to get some traction for a change in policy. Not really expecting the politicians to get into trouble but do think there will be payouts, like the PPI payouts, once the lawyers get themselves organised. My sympathy is with the families who have lost elderly relatives who were not treated by the NHS and moved into the care sector.
    I have previously posted that after I received details of my negative Covid-19 test at Kings Cross Hospital from the Public Health Scotland NHS Tayside doctor I had a short discussion with her and I said that it was ridiculous that the people in the care homes throughout Scotland had been left to die. She replied that we will not get into the politics of that. End of conversation. I had obviously touched a ‘raw nerve‘ and Public Health Scotland staff were not allowed to speak about it especially as they under the control of the SNP controlled Scottish Government and dissension is not allowed from the ranks.

I had obviously touched a ‘raw nerve‘ and Public Health Scotland staff were not allowed to speak about it especially as they under the control of the SNP controlled Scottish Government and dissension is not allowed from the ranks.
    Are you genuinely mental? The SNP now controls individual doctors and tells them what they can and cannot think?

You need to go back to that doctor and ask for a referral to a decent shrink because you're away with it.

Today on the Coronavirus update on BBC1 Scotland a Public Health Scptland ‘expert’ admitted that the wearing of masks will not halt the spread of the the Covid-19 virus. People should also be washing their hands.
    Earlier this year the British public were told that it was pointless wearing a mask to stop the spread of the virus and it was essential that we should wash our hands. Then at the beginning of July the wearing of mask was mandatory to stop the spread of the virus and now these ‘experts have changed their minds yet again.
    In my opinion we should have just let this virus run its course with no publicity and eventually it would have disappeared just like swine flu virus which hit the U.K. in 2009.

Today on the Coronavirus update on BBC1 Scotland a Public Health Scptland ‘expert’ admitted that the wearing of masks will not halt the spread of the the Covid-19 virus. People should also be washing their hands.
    Earlier this year the British public were told that it was pointless wearing a mask to stop the spread of the virus and it was essential that we should wash our hands. Then at the beginning of July the wearing of mask was mandatory to stop the spread of the virus and now these ‘experts have changed their minds yet again.
    In my opinion we should have just let this virus run its course with no publicity and eventually it would have disappeared just like swine flu virus which hit the U.K. in 2009.
    Spot on, no one bats an eye lid when the flu figures get mentioned, this is no different

Can't disagree with a word of that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)