+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Agriculture Bill

There is absolutely no reason why our standards on animal welfare should be compromised by leaving the EU. No reason why we cannot have higher standards, if we aren't happy with the standards set by our government, then we can vote them out at the next election, at the moment we have to accept EU standards and there's feck all we can do about it if we don't like any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    That's obviously wrong Sinkov, and the EU should take action if it is true.
    I've no doubt it will be true 59, one thing I did find living in France was that, unlike us in the UK, they had a healthy disregard for any EU rules and regs that didn't suit them, and would happily ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    if we aren't happy with the standards set by our government, then we can vote them out at the next election....

that made me laugh - Sinkov.

This Bill is paving the way for us to be able to make a trade deal with countries whose standards are below our current (EU) level.

For instance, if we wish to do a deal with the US or China then there is no way they could meet the existing standards on food.

Yes, we could vote them out, but how could we unpick trade deals that have been done? We will need trade deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

that made me laugh - Sinkov.

You can laugh Norder, but it's not funny, if we don't like being run by clowns like Boris, who wants all electricity supplied by windmills inside ten years, we can always kick them out and replace them with either Labour or LibDems, who will want all electricity supplied by windmills in well under ten years. Don't you just love our democracy. Why don't we just stay in the EU, which is tearing it's hair out because all electricity isn't being supplied by windmills already.

I think I'll go and join map in China, they do democracy properly over there.

You can laugh Norder, but it's not funny, if we don't like being run by clowns like Boris, who wants all electricity supplied by windmills inside ten years, we can always kick them out and replace them with either Labour or LibDems, who will want all electricity supplied by windmills in well under ten years. Don't you just love our democracy. Why don't we just stay in the EU, which is tearing it's hair out because all electricity isn't being supplied by windmills already.

I think I'll go and join map in China, they do democracy properly over there.
    Lol!

we can always kick them out and replace them with either Labour or LibDems.....
    keep em coming !

Behave yourself Norder, this is not a laughing matter. The Far Right are waiting their chance, our democracy is in dire peril.

I was looking for the bit about the re-introduction of fox hunting, but I could not find it...

Summary of the Agriculture Bill 2019-21.

A Bill to authorise expenditure for certain agricultural and other purposes; to make provision about direct payments following the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union and about payments in response to exceptional market conditions affecting agricultural markets; to confer power to modify retained direct EU legislation relating to agricultural and rural development payments and public market intervention and private storage aid; to make provision about reports on food security; to make provision about the acquisition and use of information connected with food supply chains; to confer powers to make regulations about the imposition of obligations on business purchasers of agricultural products, marketing standards, organic products and the classification of carcasses; to make provision for the recognition of associations of agricultural producers which may benefit from certain exemptions from competition law; to make provision about fertilisers; to make provision about the identification and traceability of animals; to make provision about red meat levy in Great Britain; to make provision about agricultural tenancies; to confer power to make regulations about securing compliance with the WTO Agreement on Agriculture; and for connected purposes. What about foxy loxy then?

They're chewing the fat right now.

Then it's back to the Lords....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54506185

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)