+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Agriculture Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    They're chewing the fat right now.

Then it's back to the Lords....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54506185
    Don't think I'll sleep tonight until this is resolved.

Relax Mon Ami, the government got its way.
    This means more expensive food (look up the WTO tariffs on food) AND lower standards.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Relax Mon Ami, the government got its way.
    This means more expensive food (look up the WTO tariffs on food) AND lower standards.

I remember you enjoying a KFC some time back - 59....dont worry, reckon you'll still be able to get some of that 35 day old chicken for cheap.

or - tuck into a UK antibiotic filled superbug resistant steak perhaps ?

then there's the "E's".....colours/preservatives/flavour enhancers/thickners/stabilisers/emulsifiers/more antibiotics/sweetners etc etc....oh and that (loved by the food industry) flavour enhancer (E621) - that switches off the satiation hormone so we can't stop scoffing.....and with added extras like ractopamine or azodicarbomides on there way over - we should be positively glowing.

Where's the cheap as chips Chlorinated chicken? I'm fed up paying through the nose for corn fed rubber chicken. The Yanks eat well and cheaply, let's be having what they have.

One memorable golfing trip to North Carolina, me and the lads went into a "Chicken Restaurant" in Chapel Hill which is essentially a white preserve.

Not this restaurant! Full of mainly black dudes who turned out to be caddies. We had a real crack with them, chilled beers by the lorry load, but the highlight was when our dinner came.

The six of us had ordered chicken and fries. The result? One each flour/beer battered whole chicken, deep fried with a bucket load of fries and a side order of grits.

I had shot a gross 74 that afternoon, my pocket was bursting with dollars after the scores and the bets were settled, life simply does not get better than that!

Ship them chickens boys!

Exactly BT, been to the States 5 times, never eaten better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Exactly BT, been to the States 5 times, never eaten better.
    USDA beef won’t go a miss , they definitely get that right the yanks

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    USDA beef won’t go a miss , they definitely get that right the yanks
    I'm rather fond of those Californian artichokes too!

Sadly, the Tories lied as usual. What's the point of a manifesto?

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...gal-uk-3001534

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What's the point of a manifesto?

Hold out when you're in doubt
    Question what you see
    And when you find an answer
    - Bring it home to me.
    ....BT

Roxy Music - Manifesto.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)