+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Cocu been coaching Southgate

Bloody boring is the summary, I can't remember football ever being this boring.

Tripe.
    On second thoughts I like tripe so........ Ducking crap, crap, crap, crap!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1-0 loss to a penalty that was........ I have no idea why it was given. Logical conclusion from that is that, whatever it was that the ref thought he saw, I would not have given it as a penalty.

I was watching 2 games simultaneously last night. Italy v Holland and England v Denmark. In reality, I was watching the same game. In both cases I saw one side pressing from the front and giving the midfield and defence time to put up their two banks of four to frustrate the team in possession and then hit them on the break.

To Derby fans, that must sound very familiar to what we have seen in every game this season. Even more so when think that it has led to the fruitless season we had up to the Canaries game. I've also seen similar scenes in many Dutch Eredivisie games this season.

Conclusion. Time for a drastic change in thinking in the game as "Cocuball" has been well and truly sussed and all the clubs and international teams that play that way will have to change or fail.

Twas always thus. It even looks like the all conquering Liverpool side from last season has been found out. The DYS pushed them to a 4-3 game in their first game back. Villa did them 7-2. Both did it by having quick players getting in behind their high line and making use of the massive amount of room between the defence and the keeper.

The big questions to me are:

A) Can Cocu change tack quickly enough and well enough to start a push to the top this season?

Will he be given time to do so?

I think the answer to both questions is YES.
    He wont be sacked this side of Christmas, will he change his style, can't see it myself but one would have thought he would have to. I think we are in for a long boring season!

There has to be a market opportunity for someone to introduce '70s Football'. Shocking pitches, proper tackling, heavy balls, enforced (1)-2-3-5 formations, standing crowds, beer on the terraces. We've had five a side, we've had futsal, why not a bit of blood and thunder? Although having just written that I can see a few drawbacks. It has come to a sorry state when cricket has transformed itself into a more exciting game than football

jumpers for goalposts?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Bloody boring is the summary, I can't remember football ever being this boring.
    Can't say I have any interest in watching England anymore
    The fact that we have a two week break for international hasn't made a jot of difference to the team being any better
    Notice Kalvin Phillips is just what Derby need to fit into their style , every ball is backwards even when half way in the opponents half
    By heck he slows the play ,just can't watch
    and..... the manager, makes Steve Davis look interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    jumpers for goalposts?
    Parkas

Remember Ronnie Radford charging off arms outstretched for his fif**** seconds of fame in that sea of Parkas? The best of times

Come on you bulls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)