+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Cocu been coaching Southgate

Has Cocu been coaching Southgate

Crab right, crab left, look backwards. Belgium having easy game and can sit at 1-0

Are we playing the youth team too?

I'm not surprised. Carping on and then no further comments when the score turns round. I was watching both games simultaneously and the Dutch played the self same tactics and ended up 0-0 with Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Why did Dier go to ground for their penalty? Totally unnecessary and he gifted Lukaku the chance to move slightly inside and get taken down rather than go straight forwards after the ball.

Our penalty. Henderson went down VERY easily and there are enough refs out there who wouldn't have given it.

Mount's goal also had a touch of fortune, his shot being diverted up and over the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I'm not surprised. Carping on and then no further comments when the score turns round. I was watching both games simultaneously and the Dutch played the self same tactics and ended up 0-0 with Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Why did Dier go to ground for their penalty? Totally unnecessary and he gifted Lukaku the chance to move slightly inside and get taken down rather than go straight forwards after the ball.

Our penalty. Henderson went down VERY easily and there are enough refs out there who wouldn't have given it.

Mount's goal also had a touch of fortune, his shot being diverted up and over the keeper.
    The game we know and love has changed, it seems to me that the top end players are more interested in 'winning' free kicks than being creative or taking a defender on.

Time and time again, you see players in possession not just drawing contact, but actively instigating the contract by moving away from the ball in order to make contact with the defender. Grealish is a master of this, but never gets picked up by the 'experts'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The game we know and love has changed, it seems to me that the top end players are more interested in 'winning' free kicks than being creative or taking a defender on.

Time and time again, you see players in possession not just drawing contact, but actively instigating the contract by moving away from the ball in order to make contact with the defender. Grealish is a master of this, but never gets picked up by the 'experts'.
    X being an unknown quantity and spurt being a drip under pressure

My God footy can be bloody boring these days. Give me NFL any day, a drama every five minutes and commentators/experts chosen for their experience and insight not to satisfy the PC brigade

So Maguir disays typical Manchester United prowess 😨 Minge on in his place, inge can't be far behind in the fhyming couplet stakes

There's a program about the tower of London on channel 5, just saying.

There one about USA in the Sixties on Sky Arts.... just watching

1-0 loss to a penalty that was........ I have no idea why it was given. Logical conclusion from that is that, whatever it was that the ref thought he saw, I would not have given it as a penalty.

I was watching 2 games simultaneously last night. Italy v Holland and England v Denmark. In reality, I was watching the same game. In both cases I saw one side pressing from the front and giving the midfield and defence time to put up their two banks of four to frustrate the team in possession and then hit them on the break.

To Derby fans, that must sound very familiar to what we have seen in every game this season. Even more so when think that it has led to the fruitless season we had up to the Canaries game. I've also seen similar scenes in many Dutch Eredivisie games this season.

Conclusion. Time for a drastic change in thinking in the game as "Cocuball" has been well and truly sussed and all the clubs and international teams that play that way will have to change or fail.

Twas always thus. It even looks like the all conquering Liverpool side from last season has been found out. The DYS pushed them to a 4-3 game in their first game back. Villa did them 7-2. Both did it by having quick players getting in behind their high line and making use of the massive amount of room between the defence and the keeper.

The big questions to me are:

A) Can Cocu change tack quickly enough and well enough to start a push to the top this season?

Will he be given time to do so?

I think the answer to both questions is YES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)