+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts Forest home 17/10/20 match thread

Notts Forest home 17/10/20 match thread

Rovers have shown what they are really capable of but Forest have a new manager and TM has wobbled with his most recent substitutions.
    Does he have the intelligence to move us forward?
    As ever I think not but am desperate to be proven wrong.

I'm not sure what "wobbled with his most recent substitutions" means.
    We lacked penetration throughout the Cardiff game, Armstrong having missed our best chance. Mowbray actually introduced three attack-minded players as subs, so he certainly didn't go negative.
    Dolan was finding things much more difficult than in the two comfortable victories. Frankly, we are just not very good at breaking down nine/ten-man defences, full-stop! That's where someone like Dack can make the diffrerence.
    I wouldn't be surprised by any score against Forest, but I am a bit less worried about the defence now, and it looks as if Evans will be available to play as an extra "holding" player in midfield, if required.

Folk on various social media moaning about today's line up and bench.. I think it's ok.. See how I feel after the game I guess..!

Here we go again ....

"It was never going to be an easy match.
    We still can't unlock organised defences. I still don't see the point of playing Brereton, Gallagher or Chapman.

So we've beaten two very poor teams and that is a positive.
    However we've played three organised teams and gained just 1 point.

This (depleted) team has shown the sort of football they are capable of, scintillating stuff!
    Has TM returned to type (Gallagher out wide ffs!)

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Here we go again ....

"It was never going to be an easy match.
    We still can't unlock organised defences. I still don't see the point of playing Brereton, Gallagher or Chapman.

So we've beaten two very poor teams and that is a positive.
    However we've played three organised teams and gained just 1 point.

This (depleted) team has shown the sort of football they are capable of, scintillating stuff!
    Has TM returned to type (Gallagher out wide ffs!)
    Predictably poor today. We had a lot out to be fair. Too many out really.
    Johnson went back to the player we all knew. And managed to give the goal away.
    You wont win promotion with Chapman & Buckey. Both should have gone out on loan.
    And 5 games in, if the game plan is for Lenihan to hit 40 yard balls to a midget to front then they will be going absolutely nowhere. Like last season, it's just not going to cut it.
    Like Sven said, they just beat two beat poor sides. When 2 solid half decent sides showed up, they had no idea. Like last season.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Predictably poor today. We had a lot out to be fair. Too many out really.
    Johnson went back to the player we all knew. And managed to give the goal away.
    You wont win promotion with Chapman & Buckey. Both should have gone out on loan.
    And 5 games in, if the game plan is for Lenihan to hit 40 yard balls to a midget to front then they will be going absolutely nowhere. Like last season, it's just not going to cut it.
    Like Sven said, they just beat two beat poor sides. When 2 solid half decent sides showed up, they had no idea. Like last season.
    What I'm not liking elsewhere is it's open season on gally and brero, but nobody is questioning Dolan and Chapman's displays. Both of the latter did fck all..

I'm repeating myself again but I never understood why we bought Chapman.
    Dolan was always going to be found out. He needs looking after, nurturing. Out on loan would be good for him

I was at a General Election party here, and went straight from that to watching the match, so I've only just got up!
    The game was a bit of an anti-climax, to be honest. The two teams nullified each other, and it was pretty drab.
    I'm still puzzled by some of your reactions, though. You make it sound as if every match should follow the same pattern.
    That just is NOT what football is.
    We played really well against Southampton and lost.
    We blew two weaker teams away.
    Cardiff treated us as if we were Liverpool.
    Yesterday, two good defences kept chances to a minimum, and the opposition won with a deflection.
    These are examples of the different types of football matches that happen, and there are more variations to come.
    We clearly missed the creative influence of Holtby and Rothwell, while Johnson had his first uninfluential game of the season.
    Far too much generalisation goes on. The two wins did not mark us as champions, and the last two games don't promise the bottom four!
    It is going to be another long, hard, up-and-down season.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I was at a General Election party here, and went straight from that to watching the match, so I've only just got up!
    The game was a bit of an anti-climax, to be honest. The two teams nullified each other, and it was pretty drab.
    I'm still puzzled by some of your reactions, though. You make it sound as if every match should follow the same pattern.
    That just is NOT what football is.
    We played really well against Southampton and lost.
    We blew two weaker teams away.
    Cardiff treated us as if we were Liverpool.
    Yesterday, two good defences kept chances to a minimum, and the opposition won with a deflection.
    These are examples of the different types of football matches that happen, and there are more variations to come.
    We clearly missed the creative influence of Holtby and Rothwell, while Johnson had his first uninfluential game of the season.
    Far too much generalisation goes on. The two wins did not mark us as champions, and the last two games don't promise the bottom four!
    It is going to be another long, hard, up-and-down season.
    No. Talk of promotion is silly really. And you also can't say anything about relegation. It does to me look like nothing has changed. Lots of players not playing in best positions. Lenihan and Ayla cant play together at CH. Both right footed. Who ever plays left struggles. That was Lenihan yesterday. His passing was beyond woeful. We dont have Tosin anymore. So no more passing out from the back. Lenihan is a joke with the ball at his feet. Hitting 40 yard passes to Armstong will never ever work. Pointless even playing an inform striker if he gets no service. All this is last season. Nowt has changed. Way too many brainless footballers who cant do simple things.
    They ain't going up or down. They are going absolutely nowhere, again. In a woefully poor division. Like last season.

Yep, nailed it.
    But we'd a few out and the new guys if they get a game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)