+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EPL Twitter

EPL Twitter

Ironic the amount of shît it’s getting from all sorts of supporters about the £14.99 PPV theft and now the brazen money grab by the ‘big two’, ‘big six’, ‘big nine’ or whatever they are. When it was just us bombarding them with grief after the original takeover collapse, it was full of crying emojis, crying with laugher emojis, we’re all deluded etc. etc. So less than three months later, virtually everyone else have now been made mugs of. It’s been said by others on here before but I wish some of those clubs with wealthy owners would just fück off and do the whole European league böllocks. I bet most long term fans of those clubs would either prefer a good, competitive premier league that they have a chance of winning or the novelty of the euro thing will soon wear off. Hopefully the beginning of the end either way for the EPL.

You know what, I wouldn't care if they fucked off.

If there's one thing this pandemic has shown us it's that we can learn to adapt and live with a situation or with changes that previously would have seemed unworkable.

The stuff that has happened with the PL over the takeover and with other clubs sticking their oar in to protest too has got me to the stage where I'd actually be ok if the 'big six' fucked off to a European superleague and took the PL with them.

Football would survive without them and it would be more of a competition in the truest sense of the word. It would become the new normal and I'd be fine with that. I don't have any doubt that they'd regret it sooner or later but, you make your bed and you lie in it, even if you shit in it.

The Premier League say that the new proposals are led by Liverpool and Man Utd and could ruin football.

So American owners are behind this,a lot of U.S. Sports are franchises,one Gridiron football team moved cities and changed its name overnight,is this what we want in England a Prem with no relegations,not for me.

In all 7 NFL teams have moved Cities,I'm not saying that would happen here but it is a possibility once the Americans have locked up the Prem to other clubs,city names could be called extra names like in the U.S.
    Last edited by sherwoodmag; 12-10-2020 at 08:47 AM.

I've always thought the 'franchise' idea was mental....the notion that somene can just come along and uproot your team and move them thousands of miles away from their community and their fans just because they can make more money somewhere else????

The '39th game' idea was or is the thin end of that particular wedge for clubs in this country. And I don't believe for a second that the PL don't want a slice of it.

The other teams could just start another league, Let the 6+3 stay in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    The other teams could just start another league, Let the 6+3 stay in the Premier League.
    Yep...would suit me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    The Premier League say that the new proposals are led by Liverpool and Man Utd and could ruin football.

So American owners are behind this,a lot of U.S. Sports are franchises,one Gridiron football team moved cities and changed its name overnight,is this what we want in England a Prem with no relegations,not for me.

In all 7 NFL teams have moved Cities,I'm not saying that would happen here but it is a possibility once the Americans have locked up the Prem to other clubs,city names could be called extra names like in the U.S.
    This was what me and my friends thought when we were talking about it.

I think should it happen this would be the next step in it.

The other clubs should force the big boys hands, Force them into their Euro Super League they want. See how long it takes for the fans to get sick of having to travel all over Europe every week.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)