+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New crem

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Islay/Deeranged

Do you think the fans rep whoever he or she is serves any purpose under the current set up.

If yes what do you think their main function should be?

Communication with fans, watchful eye over goings on, ceremonial role��......what do you think......cause I'm unsure of the need or purpose except that we can have one so we will.

Not having a go at Dfcss just curious what you think.
    In short no.

He should be able to help the DFC board with communications. It takes two to have a conversation and it always has been portrayed as DFC do not see the need to communicate with their fans. I think they are making the same mistake time after time and it is time they re viewed their approach. Fans rep could at the very least take a wat hing brief over the social media stuff and bring matters to the attention of the DFC board. Whether anything happens isn't really the responsibility of the fans rep. Sort of don't shoot the .messenger. Deeranged had a helluva time on here about the Derry and the actions taken by the board just to keep it open. Same with double queueing. No matter how much fuss we made about that the answer was and still is NO.
    I'd like to see a fans rep but there needs to be a much more sympathetic attitude to what us fans expect him to be able to do.

Apologies Islay. My post should ha e started If FPS owned Dens...There would still be stuff to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    He should be able to help the DFC board with communications. It takes two to have a conversation and it always has been portrayed as DFC do not see the need to communicate with their fans. I think they are making the same mistake time after time and it is time they re viewed their approach. Fans rep could at the very least take a wat hing brief over the social media stuff and bring matters to the attention of the DFC board. Whether anything happens isn't really the responsibility of the fans rep. Sort of don't shoot the .messenger. Deeranged had a helluva time on here about the Derry and the actions taken by the board just to keep it open. Same with double queueing. No matter how much fuss we made about that the answer was and still is NO.
    I'd like to see a fans rep but there needs to be a much more sympathetic attitude to what us fans expect him to be able to do.
    Some people just like to have someone to blame. That was me for a while and I took it quite happily, wouldn't envy anyone going into that role and trying to reason with unreasonable people on both sides.

Helluva a time but nobody called him jock...so he's had worse.😗

Quote Originally Posted by returnofrros View Post
    helluva a time but nobody called him jock...so he's had worse.��
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If you had carefully read my post you would have noticed that I stated that the Kingsway in the early 1960’s was the bypass of Dundee. It is now the A90 main trunk road from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Aberdeen.
    The Kingsway is now a lot, lot busier than it was in the early 1960’s.
    I could have taken the easy option and said nothing when the plans for the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds were published. In hindsight I should have kept my counsel and waited until there was gridlock in the car parks after the end of first home game at Campy Nou.
    Then I could have posted that I knew that this would happen. FPS and the Dundee supporters would have to learn the hard way.
    However I do not operate this way. I prefer to explain the pitfalls of building the new stadium at Campy Nou due to the access issues to the car parks.
    I am surprised that no one has asked Dundee City Council why they only used half of the former NCR Camperdown grounds for the Ice Rink, Cinema etc. They could have built their indoor Sports Centre with adjoining pitches on the remainder of the grounds.
    I love this post that is made with such certainty despite the fact no formal application was lodged providing a detailed overview of the access points and upgrades required to the road network to accommodate.

I have yet to find a football club car park that doesn't present significant delays upon exit - with the volume of fans walking to exit followed by the volume of cars leaving at the same time. Have sat for well over 20 minutes at East End Park, McDermaid, Hampden, Royal Highland show arena, airports, town centres, work carparks - basically anywhere that has significant volume of people arriving or leaving at the same time.

But of course its specific to NCR and Timex Brae

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    I love this post that is made with such certainty despite the fact no formal application was lodged providing a detailed overview of the access points and upgrades required to the road network to accommodate.

I have yet to find a football club car park that doesn't present significant delays upon exit - with the volume of fans walking to exit followed by the volume of cars leaving at the same time. Have sat for well over 20 minutes at East End Park, McDermaid, Hampden, Royal Highland show arena, airports, town centres, work carparks - basically anywhere that has significant volume of people arriving or leaving at the same time.

But of course its specific to NCR and Timex Brae
    I used to finish work in an office at Altens at 4pm. If you got away from the car park before 4.15 you were on the A90 in five minutes; leave at 4.20 and it was 20 to 30 minutes.

But as you say traffic congestion is only an issue on Kingsway.

The original point was that access to and from the new stadium development might be problematical given the reliance on the Kingsway. Seems to me still to be a valid point of view. Am I wrong?

The original point was that access to and from the new stadium development might be problematical given the reliance on the Kingsway. Seems to me still to be a valid point of view. Am I wrong?
    It’s an unknown no formal plans submitted to show what development would be carried out on access roads.

ICT & St J both reliant on the A9, much busier trunk road

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)