+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The SNP controlled Scottish Government’s current track record with the nationalisation of businesses in Scotland along with lending money to other businesses leaves a lot to be desired.
    To date they have purchased;
    Prestwick Airport which has cost the Scottish taxpayers £38 million plus loans of £50 million which are unlikely to be repaid.
    Ferguson’s Shipyard which was nationalised on the instructions of the now disgraced Cabinet Secretary for Finance Derek MacKay despite having been advised not to do so by people who were expert in this field of work. The Scottish Government had previously given the owner of the yard Jim McColl a loan of £45 Million which he used to build a new shed to construct fishing boats.
    The nationalisation was as a result of the fiasco regarding the escalating costs of the two new Calmac ferries which are now three years late and will cost over three times the original price of the contract if the ferries are ever completed.
    I received a tip off in September 2017 from a fellow patient when I was in the Royal Alexandria Hospital in Paisley for a minor operation which. nearly cost me my life why the Calmac ferry contract was running a year late at that time.
    BiFab. The Scottish Government gave BiFab a loan of £15 million in November 2017. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-42083484
    BiFab currently have no work and it is likely that this loan will have to be written off.
    On 25th January 2019 (Burns Night) it was quietly announced that the ‘Not for profit’ Our Power energy company had gone bust. When it was set up in 2016 Nicola Sturgeon praised the company that it was not like the ‘rip off’ big energy companies.
    There was no comment from Nicola Sturgeon that her favourite energy company had gone bust nor was there any mention that the Scottish Government had given Our Power £9.5 million in commercial loans which would have to be written off. Yet another loss for the Scottish taxpayers.
    Eventually the people throughout Scotland will realise that the SNP controlled Scottish Government are not carrying out due diligence before lending money to these ‘lame duck’ businesses.
    All of which suggests any potential future Scottish government will nationalise banks?

Please stick to the subject, although in fairness by slagging off the Scottish government I suppose you have stuck to your subject.

The SNP do not have majority. All we need is for the Greens to realise that they are stuck as a wee party because they have supported SNP policies which do not have popular support in the electorate. Politicians make decisions based on the advice of the civil service. Maybe they should take some of the blame. I think Derek MacKay would struggle to write his name far less budget statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The SNP do not have majority. All we need is for the Greens to realise that they are stuck as a wee party because they have supported SNP policies which do not have popular support in the electorate. Politicians make decisions based on the advice of the civil service. Maybe they should take some of the blame. I think Derek MacKay would struggle to write his name far less budget statement.
    He can type texts though.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    He can type texts though.
    Derek MacKay is good at continuing to claim his expenses despite having not set foot in Holyrood since he stepped down as the Cabinet Secretary for Finance.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    he can type texts though.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Derek MacKay is good at continuing to claim his expenses despite having not set foot in Holyrood since he stepped down as the Cabinet Secretary for Finance.
    As much as a dick that MacKay is/was I would point to the issue being a system that still allows it to go through irrespective of why he stood down....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    As much as a dick that MacKay is/was I would point to the issue being a system that still allows it to go through irrespective of why he stood down....
    I suspect that the MSPs set up their own rules. Looking after themselves springs to mind.

A contractor who I have worked with for years said his accountant was pleading with him to take one , it’s the best loan you’ll ever get he said , heard may stories that is being abused on an industrial scale ....
    im a contractor and my accountant also told me to take it, said it was a no brainer. I didnt really need it for anything though. Most people who have taken it have been self employed/sole traders who's business has suffered though

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    im a contractor and my accountant also told me to take it, said it was a no brainer. I didnt really need it for anything though. Most people who have taken it have been self employed/sole traders who's business has suffered though
    He never took it either but the same accountant said to him the system is being raped by the Asian community in the west through nail bars that make next to no profit ,take the loan and then wind them up ,now I don’t know how these loans actually work or if this is even possible just saying....🤔

He never took it either but the same accountant said to him the system is being raped by the Asian community in the west through nail bars that make next to no profit ,take the loan and then wind them up ,now I don’t know how these loans actually work or if this is even possible just saying....🤔
    It is.

East European gangs at it as well.

Initial estimates reckon 25% of loans are fraud.

How to be a covid millionaire.....get Tarrant back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)