Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
The SNP controlled Scottish Government’s current track record with the nationalisation of businesses in Scotland along with lending money to other businesses leaves a lot to be desired.
To date they have purchased;
Prestwick Airport which has cost the Scottish taxpayers £38 million plus loans of £50 million which are unlikely to be repaid.
Ferguson’s Shipyard which was nationalised on the instructions of the now disgraced Cabinet Secretary for Finance Derek MacKay despite having been advised not to do so by people who were expert in this field of work. The Scottish Government had previously given the owner of the yard Jim McColl a loan of £45 Million which he used to build a new shed to construct fishing boats.
The nationalisation was as a result of the fiasco regarding the escalating costs of the two new Calmac ferries which are now three years late and will cost over three times the original price of the contract if the ferries are ever completed.
I received a tip off in September 2017 from a fellow patient when I was in the Royal Alexandria Hospital in Paisley for a minor operation which. nearly cost me my life why the Calmac ferry contract was running a year late at that time.
BiFab. The Scottish Government gave BiFab a loan of £15 million in November 2017. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-42083484
BiFab currently have no work and it is likely that this loan will have to be written off.
On 25th January 2019 (Burns Night) it was quietly announced that the ‘Not for profit’ Our Power energy company had gone bust. When it was set up in 2016 Nicola Sturgeon praised the company that it was not like the ‘rip off’ big energy companies.
There was no comment from Nicola Sturgeon that her favourite energy company had gone bust nor was there any mention that the Scottish Government had given Our Power £9.5 million in commercial loans which would have to be written off. Yet another loss for the Scottish taxpayers.
Eventually the people throughout Scotland will realise that the SNP controlled Scottish Government are not carrying out due diligence before lending money to these ‘lame duck’ businesses.
All of which suggests any potential future Scottish government will nationalise banks?

Please stick to the subject, although in fairness by slagging off the Scottish government I suppose you have stuck to your subject.