+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dont abandon the club

Dont abandon the club

The Wisbech chairman and manager have appealed to the fans not to abandon the club, easier said than done. Its easy really, i havent seen United for quite some time.

Imagine being a spectator at the Colliseum, all those crucifictions, eaten by lions, etc. Fun fun fun.

Watching Wisbech will be like that, ugly, disturbing, i doubt if they will win a game all season. National fame awaits. Lincoln away tonight, it will be ugly.

Jason.

Was there crucifixions in the Colosseum? I doubt it but I could be wrong of course

If you had the chance to go back in time and be a spectator at the crucifixion of Christ would you go Frank? There would be nothing that you could do about it but stand and watch,we was once asked at school to write about where we would go.if we could time travel and that's what I wrote to my teachers horror,but why not,it's probably the single most important event the world has ever seen and it would answer so many questions

Yes there were crucifictions at the Colloseum, they were around the outer edge. No i would not be a witness to the crucifiction of christ. One of the dreadful things about my personality type is that we feel and absorb the physical and mental pain that is around us.

As i get older, it gets worse, all this macho fun making is just that. I can understand that you would like to be there because of its significance but not me.

Its a good question where i would go, let me think...... Ill let you know. What questions would being at Christs crucifiction answer?

The questions answered wouldn't be historical questions but personal ones,seeing that Christ definitely existed would change my life even now,I would look at my past with different eyes and probably choose a different path to the one that I'm on now,have I wasted most of my 58 years or haven't I put enough effort in the them?

Remember Frank,you can only observe where you have gone to,you can't join in or change things but you will be there in person

I am surprised, you doubt. It doesnt matter what path your life takes, all paths lead to Rome. You are here to suffer, it does you good, its growing pains. If you think a different path would be better, think again. I cant think of a time i would go back too.

Do you remember the film Artificial Intelligence?, There was a perfect day towards the end, i would have a perfect day, ive had a few of those. What a wonderful film that was.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)