+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A game with supporters in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    funny how the figures were all about deaths, then some greysuit in an office decided to slyly move the goalposts and just make the numbers about "contagions" seeing as how people are not really dying anymore (certainly not more than flu anyway) best to keep us all locked up though, cos thats worked so far......

Im sure some fit footballers catching a virus wont do them much harm. Protect the old and vunerable, but the rest of us must move on, for what is life, if not for living?
    I guess the only question I have with your philosophy mate, is how do you continually protect the old and vulnerable if you dont irradicate what is around them, and a threat to them? Do they have to be contained indoors forever, and never enjoy any of the outside world if no-one else cares about passing it on??

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I guess the only question I have with your philosophy mate, is how do you continually protect the old and vulnerable if you dont irradicate what is around them, and a threat to them? Do they have to be contained indoors forever, and never enjoy any of the outside world if no-one else cares about passing it on??

The trouble is we are not going to irradicate the virus oz they just want us to get it in an orderly fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    funny how the figures were all about deaths, then some greysuit in an office decided to slyly move the goalposts and just make the numbers about "contagions" seeing as how people are not really dying anymore (certainly not more than flu anyway) best to keep us all locked up though, cos thats worked so far......

Im sure some fit footballers catching a virus wont do them much harm. Protect the old and vunerable, but the rest of us must move on, for what is life, if not for living?
    Yet again, we agree!😉

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    The trouble is we are not going to irradicate the virus oz they just want us to get it in an orderly fashion.
    Understand the difficulties with this disappearing. Just querying as to how we can minimise deaths of elderly and vulnerable if we don't limit movement? Do we then just accept increasing deaths of them as part of the cleansing process?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    As I share BBs philosophy I'll give you my take, for what it's worth.

We wont eradicate the virus, it will mutate (as the flu virus does, every year, they share many characteristics, that being just one), and no vaccine development/production process will be able to keep pace. So, we either accept that some form of "herd immunity" is inevitable, developed by those who are at low risk accepting a period of illness (of varying degrees of severity), in order that they are the shield between the remaining viral pools and those who are at high risk and need protecting, or we go through the type of collective insanity that is afflicting the UK, where "advisors" deem it necessary to shut down large areas of the country, with no exit plan as to what happens when we loosen restrictions and there are more infections, so we lock down again, etc etc etc.

The virus cannot survive for long outside a host. If the number of those already having had the virus and recovered are adequate, the virus cannot penetrate to reach those remaining uninfected, those at high risk of serious ill health or death, and the virus will die. Will that be the end? Who knows. If it mutated quickly enough, perhaps not and we will face a new "version" more or less infectious/lethal, but we do that every year with flu and we dont consign the world's economies to the dustbin as a reaction. If it doesnt mutate quickly enough, it wont survive.

I've already had it, and like others I have some long term symptoms, but I'd rather live with them, than locked up in my own home like some laboratory animal, waiting for the scientists to let me out. At 65, I still have life left in me (just&#128521, and I know how precious that gift is, so my sentiments here are expressed in the full knowledge that people may die from this sh1tty virus, but more are already dying of the worlds reaction to it, not the virus itself.

These clubs should be put into administration and liquidated.

The death rate on this killer disease is now at .003% of those infected. It's killed .0000125 of the worlds population including those killed in auto accidents, muslims burnt up in chinese ovens, died at the young age under 100 etc.

it's one 100% worth it to shut down the world. The millions that died because they did not go to hospitals due to heart ailments, cancer, suicide or just died a miserable death alone in a locked up nursing home or hospital ward deserved it. The year lost in schooling for young children and the collapse of whole economies was worth it. Pay not attention to the freedoms that we volantarily gave up that 10's of millions died for in 2 world wars to protect us from tyranny. We have turned over our lives to chinese run world governing organizations. The chinese and their world organizations have powers that Hitler and Hirohito could only dream off. All without a shot being fired.

it's all good. "it's for the children".

I disagree with alot of what has been written by people on this forum about Covid and I am totally against this theory of heard immunity.

Why, well nobody truly understands what they are dealing with, how quickly the virus mutated, who it really effects or if you can be struck down a second time with the virus.

My view has always been to put people first as you are a long time dead. No one should in any sense, shape or form be considered expendable.

That being said, the real reason imo for Covid spreading and there being a resurgence is due to conflicting messages and information from governments. In addition to an increasing number of people ignoring advice given.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to point out the surge in cases since schools were reopened, is not a coincidence.

Then you have people refusing to wear a face mask purely, why? Because they have made up some deluded conspiracy theory.

It very simple for me, if some head boffins from WHO or similar organisations say keep your distance, wear a face mask if you can and regularly sanitised your hands to reduce risk of infection, then that's not really a big ask is it?

Also for anyone who doesn't think Covid is lethal, a close friend of mine is a supervisor of a nursing team that has had 6 healthy team members die because of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I disagree with alot of what has been written by people on this forum about Covid and I am totally against this theory of heard immunity.

Why, well nobody truly understands what they are dealing with, how quickly the virus mutated, who it really effects or if you can be struck down a second time with the virus.

My view has always been to put people first as you are a long time dead. No one should in any sense, shape or form be considered expendable.

That being said, the real reason imo for Covid spreading and there being a resurgence is due to conflicting messages and information from governments. In addition to an increasing number of people ignoring advice given.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to point out the surge in cases since schools were reopened, is not a coincidence.

Then you have people refusing to wear a face mask purely, why? Because they have made up some deluded conspiracy theory.

It very simple for me, if some head boffins from WHO or similar organisations say keep your distance, wear a face mask if you can and regularly sanitised your hands to reduce risk of infection, then that's not really a big ask is it?

Also for anyone who doesn't think Covid is lethal, a close friend of mine is a supervisor of a nursing team that has had 6 healthy team members die because of Covid.

I disagree with 80% of that but I'm not getting drawn in to any arguments about covid. Lifes to short, that we can agree on.

It's all down to the individual how you cope/deal with this Virus.

Go ahead and take your chances and you may or may not catch it.
    You could catch it and not even know you have had it and survive it with no real health issues as quite a few already have.
    However you could catch it and pass it on to someone who will not survive it and even if they do it could lead to further health problems in the future.

That is how I see it and I will carry on being as careful as I possibly can until there is some clear light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

Just my opinion and of course I could be wrong.....
    Last edited by Rev72; 14-10-2020 at 02:53 PM.

I'll paraphrase one of the UK leaders years ago

it's great until the money runs out.

https://fee.org/articles/new-study-p...illion-so-far/

$16,000,000,000,000

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)