Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: A game with supporters in attendance

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    funny how the figures were all about deaths, then some greysuit in an office decided to slyly move the goalposts and just make the numbers about "contagions" seeing as how people are not really dying anymore (certainly not more than flu anyway) best to keep us all locked up though, cos thats worked so far......

    Im sure some fit footballers catching a virus wont do them much harm. Protect the old and vunerable, but the rest of us must move on, for what is life, if not for living?
    How do you protect the old and vulnerable? I mentioned in an above post how city slickers carried the virus to 2 country towns. How wrong was I in fact it was one truck driver who infected a Melbourne shopping center then proceeded to the 2 country towns dining in local cafes and turns out he also went to a 3rd country town? So One person has done that just one person so how the f you going to protect the old and vulnerable the ones who actually worked hard all their lives paid taxes just so this generation can collect money from governments to buy drugs booze and claim mental problems so they can keep getting it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,425
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I disagree with alot of what has been written by people on this forum about Covid and I am totally against this theory of heard immunity.

    Why, well nobody truly understands what they are dealing with, how quickly the virus mutated, who it really effects or if you can be struck down a second time with the virus.

    My view has always been to put people first as you are a long time dead. No one should in any sense, shape or form be considered expendable.

    That being said, the real reason imo for Covid spreading and there being a resurgence is due to conflicting messages and information from governments. In addition to an increasing number of people ignoring advice given.

    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to point out the surge in cases since schools were reopened, is not a coincidence.

    Then you have people refusing to wear a face mask purely, why? Because they have made up some deluded conspiracy theory.

    It very simple for me, if some head boffins from WHO or similar organisations say keep your distance, wear a face mask if you can and regularly sanitised your hands to reduce risk of infection, then that's not really a big ask is it?

    Also for anyone who doesn't think Covid is lethal, a close friend of mine is a supervisor of a nursing team that has had 6 healthy team members die because of Covid.
    Never suggested it wasn't lethal, for certain individuals and/or certain groups it certainly is, its the degree of lethality I question, and the UK government appears to be siding with me, as current death rate figures are quoted as "involving Covid" now, whereas months ago there was no "caveat".

    Thing is, you can say the same for everything that kills us, all are lethal (including old age (we don't die just because we get old, we die because the systems that keep us alive wear out, slight difference)). It's also well known, not just about Covid, that those subject to greatest exposure to disease of any sort will suffer disproportionate casualties, so your friends experience in the care team isn't exceptional or unique, no matter how devastating it might be to the individual.

    Another example of the opposite experience, an 84-year old in a care home (UK epicentres for disease and death) diagnosed with Covid in June, now as fit and healthy as she was before she was infected.

    And you trust WHO, that organisation that conspired with the Chinese government to downplay both the infectiousness or origin of the virus, and who have flip-flopped in terms of their advice, really? Because they have a PhD? And last week there was an admission that the "screen" type face covering is totally ineffective, despite it having been promoted by that organisation you trust, and worn by hundreds of thousands of health workers! Oh, and by the way, have you SEEN how people wear masks? Over single ears, across chins, on foreheads, under noses rather than covering them (have they thought about which orifice they use for the majority of their breathing?). And masks, and no gloves, really, does ANYONE understand barrier protection, at all?????? You CAN'T operate barrier protection with only a mask, or only gloves, neither can you operate either safely with re-usable masks and/or gloves. False sense of security, or collective insanity, same thing in the long run.

    And if you don't believe me (why should you?) do some of your own research, stop listening to "government advisors" and dig to where there is fact (it exists, I found it when discussing similar matters with WS recently, you just need to dig a bit, not click-bait, not false news/facts, real stuff from the likes of John Hopkins, ONS (which is trustworthy, just need to interpret correctly). I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just wouldn't trust government as far as I can throw it, neither should you.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    897
    Look WTF and everyone else who says covid is ok we can live with it.You know i agree with you we can live with that if people do the right thing eg wear masks clean hands don't mix in big groups so on.But as we all know like people like theorists running around no masks, had a Karen cough on a pregnant lady here cause she was asked to wear a mask.
    People will not do the right thing full stop what other alternatives do you have? Ohh i know let it loose kill whoever it wants and whats left can go on there merry way.
    Well some have the belief life isn't what it's made out to be. Ohh who can i trust i don't trust anyone but like every other human even if you are shown the true facts we tend to pass them in the do not trust basket. We have been brought up in a society of damned if i do and damned if i care end of story.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Never suggested it wasn't lethal, for certain individuals and/or certain groups it certainly is, its the degree of lethality I question, and the UK government appears to be siding with me, as current death rate figures are quoted as "involving Covid" now, whereas months ago there was no "caveat".

    Thing is, you can say the same for everything that kills us, all are lethal (including old age (we don't die just because we get old, we die because the systems that keep us alive wear out, slight difference)). It's also well known, not just about Covid, that those subject to greatest exposure to disease of any sort will suffer disproportionate casualties, so your friends experience in the care team isn't exceptional or unique, no matter how devastating it might be to the individual.

    Another example of the opposite experience, an 84-year old in a care home (UK epicentres for disease and death) diagnosed with Covid in June, now as fit and healthy as she was before she was infected.

    And you trust WHO, that organisation that conspired with the Chinese government to downplay both the infectiousness or origin of the virus, and who have flip-flopped in terms of their advice, really? Because they have a PhD? And last week there was an admission that the "screen" type face covering is totally ineffective, despite it having been promoted by that organisation you trust, and worn by hundreds of thousands of health workers! Oh, and by the way, have you SEEN how people wear masks? Over single ears, across chins, on foreheads, under noses rather than covering them (have they thought about which orifice they use for the majority of their breathing?). And masks, and no gloves, really, does ANYONE understand barrier protection, at all?????? You CAN'T operate barrier protection with only a mask, or only gloves, neither can you operate either safely with re-usable masks and/or gloves. False sense of security, or collective insanity, same thing in the long run.

    And if you don't believe me (why should you?) do some of your own research, stop listening to "government advisors" and dig to where there is fact (it exists, I found it when discussing similar matters with WS recently, you just need to dig a bit, not click-bait, not false news/facts, real stuff from the likes of John Hopkins, ONS (which is trustworthy, just need to interpret correctly). I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just wouldn't trust government as far as I can throw it, neither should you.
    a close friend of mine is a supervisor of a nursing team that has had 6 healthy team members die because of Covid.

    So a fact shown to you by someone is it fake news? Six innocent people died trying to protect others is that fake news do you want them to name names and show you the death certificates ohh hold on we don't believe in anything won't work.
    The truck driver goes to 3 towns but tells authorities he didn't go there but witnesses saw him now thanks to him their towns aren't covid free ohh hold on that is fake news omg.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,425
    Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    a close friend of mine is a supervisor of a nursing team that has had 6 healthy team members die because of Covid.

    So a fact shown to you by someone is it fake news? Six innocent people died trying to protect others is that fake news do you want them to name names and show you the death certificates ohh hold on we don't believe in anything won't work.
    The truck driver goes to 3 towns but tells authorities he didn't go there but witnesses saw him now thanks to him their towns aren't covid free ohh hold on that is fake news omg.
    Read my post Oz, nowhere will you see I suggested what your friend experienced was fake news. Many health sector workers have died in the pursuit of protecting others, that's the way of those services (my daughter is a senior paramedic with the London Ambulance Service, I know of what I write!), so just shut the f00k up with the "fake news" accusations.

    Individual responsibility is at the heart of how this will end, not government edicts that certain sections of the population will ALWAYS resist. Pools of viral infection will persist and it's up to those like me, who have been infected and survived, to form the barrier between those pools of virus and those who are most at risk. There simply is no alternative. No vaccine, no adequate track and trace, facing continual and inconsistent application of lockdown, destroying peoples health, the economy, jobs, life.

    If you have a viable proposition, not involving us living in our own ticky-tacky boxes for the rest of time, please, let's hear it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,545
    As Leedsutdman said, like politics and religion, it is probably an issue not great for debate. Everyone will have formed their own views on it...and not sure if anything can be determined right or wrong at present. Might head back to the Music thread....

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    It's all down to the individual how you cope/deal with this Virus.

    Go ahead and take your chances and you may or may not catch it.
    You could catch it and not even know you have had it and survive it with no real health issues as quite a few already have.
    However you could catch it and pass it on to someone who will not survive it and even if they do it could lead to further health problems in the future.

    That is how I see it and I will carry on being as careful as I possibly can until there is some clear light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

    Just my opinion and of course I could be wrong.....
    Iím working on the theory that if you keep enough Smirnoff in your blood itíll make you more resistant.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,545
    And has it worked thus far? You could have shared this startling revelation with the world a little earlier!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Never suggested it wasn't lethal... I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just wouldn't trust government as far as I can throw it, neither should you.
    (Sorry I am not quoting the full post because repeated long posts can be hard to read).

    Just a couple of little things here, 6 nurses in the same team, wearing the correct ppe and following the correct procedures and dying within a very short time span is definitely out of the ordinary. The reason I chose that example was to illustrate that it not just those of old age or whom have underlying health conditions that die from Covid and people would be very foolish to think otherwise.

    I never said WHO were 100% correct or they haven't made mistakes trying to get to grips with a new deadly pandemic, what I did say is that its not a big ask to wear a mask, keep your distance and sanitize hands regularly if there is any chance this saves lives. I am not going to legislate for idiots that don't know how to wear a face mask because that is ridiculous. However I do agree if not worn properly and if other steps aren't followed, then it is self defeating.

    Again I did not mention that I trust governments, but it is complete nonsense when people are trying to implicate a conspiracy theory that involves the rest of the world and all the associated governments. I have no doubt that those in power are trying to cover up mistakes they have made, however for people to more or less suggest covid is not real or not even a killer is laughable.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Read my post Oz, nowhere will you see I suggested what your friend experienced was fake news. Many health sector workers have died in the pursuit of protecting others, that's the way of those services (my daughter is a senior paramedic with the London Ambulance Service, I know of what I write!), so just shut the f00k up with the "fake news" accusations.

    Individual responsibility is at the heart of how this will end, not government edicts that certain sections of the population will ALWAYS resist. Pools of viral infection will persist and it's up to those like me, who have been infected and survived, to form the barrier between those pools of virus and those who are most at risk. There simply is no alternative. No vaccine, no adequate track and trace, facing continual and inconsistent application of lockdown, destroying peoples health, the economy, jobs, life.

    If you have a viable proposition, not involving us living in our own ticky-tacky boxes for the rest of time, please, let's hear it.
    First it was Leedsftw who knows the dr but you hit the nail on the head, if individual did the right thing we would not be in such a mess. How is that working by the way?
    The case with the trucky here today they have declared our whole state a disaster due to this one idiot.
    Viable is do the right think but we all know too many idiots spoil the party.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •