+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A game with supporters in attendance

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    My daughter now lives in Liverpool, Works in a care home and also goes to uni, She has just yesterday tested positive for Covid, she has been very ill for 3 days now, i am going out of my mind she is fecking 24, So an answer to many of questions on here this virus is very real, listen to the advice, the problem is that people are not doing or are ignorant to it,
    Might have our disagreements fella, but with you on the concern for your daughter (like I mentioned earlier, mine is a paramedic for London Ambulance, so gets her fair share of exposure). I hope all goes well for her and at 24 youth is most definitely on her side.

Correct on the reality of the virus, and that personal responsibility is key. Perhaps where we differ isnt so much on listening to the advice, but the nature and clarity of it, which is abysmal and largely responsible for the sh1theap we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Might have our disagreements fella, but with you on the concern for your daughter (like I mentioned earlier, mine is a paramedic for London Ambulance, so gets her fair share of exposure). I hope all goes well for her and at 24 youth is most definitely on her side.

Correct on the reality of the virus, and that personal responsibility is key. Perhaps where we differ isnt so much on listening to the advice, but the nature and clarity of it, which is abysmal and largely responsible for the sh1theap we are in.
    Don’t always agree but with you on this.

There is lots of source material out there so you don’t have to rely on the spin/ gloss put on it by the politicians and the thin slicing by the media.

The data published in today’s briefing seems to have been very carefully manipulated or did not seem to say what it was being stated as saying.

Not suggesting this is not a serious issue or that in some cases it is not deadly. Just wish there was a clear long term strategy with clear simple messages.

Anyone working on the care or NHS frontline deserves our thanks and gratitude but it would be nice if the UK government (for each region) could clearly explain the options and the pros and cons and why they have chosen a given course.

Boris couldn’t even get the answer right in response to the single parent question so just fudged it.

Simply not good enough we all deserve better.

There seemed to be some hope from the data - some of the areas in the north east which have and continue to be in local restrictions were showing as light blue (showing a decrease in infection rates).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure where in any of my posts you got the idea I was suggesting you "listen to ones saying global warming is bs", quite the opposite. Find facts by doing your own research and come to conclusions using your own grey matter instead of having them spoon fed by organisations that have little or no interest in the truth, and much more in their own aggrandisment or selling advertising space. The media has, and always will, put a spin on everything it covers, and if all you do is accept what they say (right-wing, left-wing any f00king wing), then you are letting them do your thinking for you.
    So if I look at a youtube video made by real people that is no good if I believe some media reports that are no good. If I listen to one person or 2 people going against the trend of others well I should listen and go by that theory. If I do research where do I go offline? To be quite honest the best research is the eyes and brain that I carry the rest is irrelevant.
    Have been up all night as was told mum won't see the night out so I won't go into any arguments. Believe what you must it's mostly a free world. Take care look after your families in these terrible times.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    So if I look at a youtube video made by real people that is no good if I believe some media reports that are no good. If I listen to one person or 2 people going against the trend of others well I should listen and go by that theory. If I do research where do I go offline? To be quite honest the best research is the eyes and brain that I carry the rest is irrelevant.
    Have been up all night as was told mum won't see the night out so I won't go into any arguments. Believe what you must it's mostly a free world. Take care look after your families in these terrible times.
    "A youtube video made by "real people"? Why did they make the video (would you have done so?)?

A "media report", I refer to my previous post, WHY was the report produced, to inform it influence?

You do your own research, stop asking others for advice as to how, do it yourself (I have, its not that hard, just needs a little time and perseverance, rather than spoon-fed sh1te from those with an agenda).

Your own insight is often enough, but other objective sources make for a stronger conclusion.

Sorry to hear about your mum, had more than my share if loss over the least 18 months so I genuinely sympathise, but if anything it makes the search for truth more critical now than ever, and only with the truth can we hope to protect those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Hope all goes well there lad. Ive a daughter in scumchester which i am not best pleased about either.
    Lots of ignorance and no common sense is a bad combination.
    Thanks for the concern and WTF, As most say she has youth on her side and she tells me she is much better today, I am thankful for this..

Glad to hear your daughter is getting better pete.

Great news Pete, very welcome I'm sure.

Pete mate - I hope your daughter will soon be okay,my young son is now back to normal after he contacted Covid 19 in Moscow.How or why we'll never know but your advice is bang on mate,just common sense to some !

Strange how when asked to act responsibly how differing interpretations of any such advice is acted upon nowadays - common sense you'd think would kick in.Maybe it's my age but now I feel more Mary Whitehouse (remember her) than Amy Winehouse.

Blimey,pictures of England's young'un's in groups on the pis$,a weekend demonstration in England chanting for 'freedom' and resistance to local lockdown in Manchester all over French Tv raising eyebrows this morning.Would have troops on streets with rubber bullets & tear gas to be deployed over here to disperse such actions.

MOT - Stay safe all.

Thanks to you all,

What worries me regarding this Covid is that as some have alluded to, Doing the right thing,

Both my wife and daughter work in care homes, My wife was working with a colleague one morning last week, close contact throughout the shift, later that day her colleague tested positive, ( They all get tested once a week now), My wife phoned in the next morning saying i need to self isolate and she was told no you need to come to work, This cant be right surely, My wife has since tested negative.

For me people are not doing the right things but neither are some companies, We sent someone home the other day for having a cold rightly or wrongly, Mixed messages do not help it is doing everyones head in,

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Pete mate - I hope your daughter will soon be okay,my young son is now back to normal after he contacted Covid 19 in Moscow.How or why we'll never know but your advice is bang on mate,just common sense to some !

Strange how when asked to act responsibly how differing interpretations of any such advice is acted upon nowadays - common sense you'd think would kick in.Maybe it's my age but now I feel more Mary Whitehouse (remember her) than Amy Winehouse.

Blimey,pictures of England's young'un's in groups on the pis$,a weekend demonstration in England chanting for 'freedom' and resistance to local lockdown in Manchester all over French Tv raising eyebrows this morning.Would have troops on streets with rubber bullets & tear gas to be deployed over here to disperse such actions.

MOT - Stay safe all.
    As stated in other posts, it's not the lack of common sense that is at the heart of the issues here (at least), it's the inconsistency and selective interpretation of so-called "facts", in particular at the moment regarding local lock-down, and even more particularly in Manchester. The infection rate in Manchester is way below Nottingham (for instance), but no "Tier 3" suggestions have been made for that area, why?

Rates in Manchester have actually fallen in the last few days, whereas rates in Blackburn and County Durham have risen sharply, yet no Tier 3 suggestions.

A Track & Trace application that is fit-for-purpose (and the data generated from said application is NOT ACCESSIBLE TO Plod), testing facilities that actually exist (unlike the one in Kent to which hundreds were sent, despite it not existing!), a testing process which is rapid and effective, clarity and transparency of information and communication resulting from testing results analysis, consistency of the application of measures where the same criteria are met, equity in terms of support for individuals and business impacted by the tiered restrictions, that's what is required, and that is what is significant by its absence, hence the shambles and an entirely understandable reluctance on the part of many to adhere to restrictions they see little justification for.

And if you think that it's right and proper that troops, rubber bullets and tear gas should be deployed, I'm assuming you think that Northern Ireland during the troubles, Hong Kong and Bangkok nowadays are great examples of how a civil society should be "governed"?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)