+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Feeling a bit of dread about Saturday

Assuming we play a 442, I think Butcher will be the one to make way for Fuchs. MM apparently has a complete hard on for Harkes.

Good because hes one of the best midfielders we have and he needs the right players along side him. Butcher is doing OK but Pawlett is giving nothing at the moment.

Pawlett must be the one who makes way surely.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Good because hes one of the best midfielders we have and he needs the right players along side him. Butcher is doing OK but Pawlett is giving nothing at the moment.
    He might improve with better players around him but surely you have to agree he hasn't shown up well at a higher standard than last season. He runs around a lot, has a very good fitness level but he can't keep a ball. Always looks to play it away very quickly, often fails to find a team mate and rarely looks to penetrate a defence by running at defenders and getting in behind via a one two. He doesn't impose himself on games in any way even against lower league opponents.
    I know you rate him but I have seen nothing from him at this level to suggest he's good enough. Under this manager seems to be undroppable right enough.

If he's one of the best I would say we have a huge problem.

Positives

Clean sheet against a team some thought would destroy us. (FWIW I didn't think they would)

Ref never gave the pen

Benji outstanding, Edwards best game so far Connolly didn't cost us a goal despite that blocked clearance. Debut for our second striker. I think he will be a very good signing.
    Liam Smith looks fit again.
    After the subs (forced) we looked much more like a fluid team.
    An improvement on the recent shambles v Livi and Peterhead

Result generates confidence going forward

Negatives

More frustration for Lawrence Shankland
    Injury to Chalmers, part and parcel I suppose.
    On another day we could have been hammered (is this actually a positive)
    Midfield still hopeless and MM still picking them all.

So onto the next game, need to see us attacking more and defending less because our luck won't hold like that every game.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Positives

Clean sheet against a team some thought would destroy us. (FWIW I didn't think they would)

Ref never gave the pen

Benji outstanding, Edwards best game so far Connolly didn't cost us a goal despite that blocked clearance. Debut for our second striker. I think he will be a very good signing.
    Liam Smith looks fit again.
    After the subs (forced) we looked much more like a fluid team.
    An improvement on the recent shambles v Livi and Peterhead

Result generates confidence going forward

Negatives

More frustration for Lawrence Shankland
    Injury to Chalmers, part and parcel I suppose.
    On another day we could have been hammered (is this actually a positive)
    Midfield still hopeless and MM still picking them all.

So onto the next game, need to see us attacking more and defending less because our luck won't hold like that every game.
    👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    ...but he can't keep a ball.
    It would be interesting to see the stats on this (which MM will have, we are guessing) and I suspect his pass completion ratio will be pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It would be interesting to see the stats on this (which MM will have, we are guessing) and I suspect his pass completion ratio will be pretty high.
    This doesn't included the Aberdeen match, but pass completion for this season is:

Butcher 86.39%
    Connolly 85.45%
    Pawlett 83.78%
    Powers 83.33%
    Edwards 81.25%
    Reynolds 81.25%
    Harkes 76.87%

Expected passing % for those same players are:

Pawlett 83.25%
    Butcher 81.34%
    Powers 80.53%
    Harkes 77.18%
    Reynolds 76.82%
    Connolly 75.08%
    Edwards 72.26%

So difference between expected and completed is:

Connolly 10.37%
    Edwards 8.99%
    Butcher 5.06%
    Reynolds 4.43%
    Powers 2.80%
    Pawlett 0.53%
    Harkes -0.31%

That's interesting and everyone is pretty high, higher than I would think in fact.

but when passing lateral and backwards its easier and less chance of going astray. The stats on forward passing would be interesting...

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)