+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust The Scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Does it really matter if they are Scousers, or Geordies or Cockneys? There were some youths playing cricket in the middle of London at 11pm last weekend. We've all been young and had a few too many to drink and not cared about the consequences.

The real issue is why enforce the lockdown in a few days time? Allowing people to go out now, if the science suggests we should have been locked down 3 weeks ago?

Why leak these details into the national press? Most people already knew about the lockdown restrictions before their local authorities did.

These are the issue you face when you have incompetent people in charge.

Got to say it baffles me - dithering Boris makes a change and it's in two days time so why not immediately!!!! He has press conferences on Monday's so youngsters go and get slaughtered at the weekend!! Don't particularly like Sturgeon but God - she comes across so much more clued up than Boris!

The guy is an idiot and can't even spit his words out so he uses his hands. Deaths are really creeping up so are hospital admissions and Scotland and N Ireland act but we have a traffic light system which nobody can understand and it appears local mayors dictate! All very well the old folk or vulnerable stay at home but the youngsters because of the chaos with pubs are passing it on! Even 10pm closing - well in city centres it's like a football match as everybody staggers out at the same time where previously people came out at different times to go home.

Grow a pair Boris and stop dithering!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The information has to come out in advance because a bill has to be put before Parliament in order to make it law.
    I understand that. But why are newspapers the first to know? And why does it have to come out in advance over the weekend?

Newspapers were leaked this on 4th October, BoJo put us in this 3 tier system on Monday, the 12th October.

So for more than a week, these kids in Liverpool knew there would be a lockdown coming and this was their last blowout before all bars and pubs would close.

Starmer was right to call it what it was, completely irresponsible, but unfortunately now the norm.

The Government are looking for others to blame, so these kids doing this is perfect for them. It detracts from their inaction.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time”
    People see what they want to often based on their own bias and pre-defined assumptions, mostly political and social. We are all guilty of this.
    You could argue this to death and there is no right and wrong answer
    Still it keep us all active I suppose.

I understand that. But why are newspapers the first to know? And why does it have to come out in advance over the weekend?

Newspapers were leaked this on 4th October, BoJo put us in this 3 tier system on Monday, the 12th October.

So for more than a week, these kids in Liverpool knew there would be a lockdown coming and this was their last blowout before all bars and pubs would close.

Starmer was right to call it what it was, completely irresponsible, but unfortunately now the norm.

The Government are looking for others to blame, so these kids doing this is perfect for them. It detracts from their inaction.

Got to agree with you!!! Couldn’t be bothered listening to the bumbling fool on Monday as it was pointless him addressing the public when they already knew what was going to happen. As for the students and young kids in Liverpool they made sure they all got slaughtered over the weekend as they knew pubs were about to close! Seems Boris knows better than the Scientists too as you can interpret their body language when next to him and you can tell they don’t have much time for him!

Oh do spare us the open eyed shock at the press getting briefed early 123.

I refer you back to 1997 onwards and the Alistair Campbell era......the bloke was a master at it and really started this way of operating not that I condone it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Oh do spare us the open eyed shock at the press getting briefed early 123.

I refer you back to 1997 onwards and the Alistair Campbell era......the bloke was a master at it and really started this way of operating not that I condone it.
    Noticed anything different that might have been happening in the last 6 months compared to 1997? Could Labour's early media leaks have resulted in potential deaths?

Circumstances are different now than in 1997

Noticed anything different that might have been happening in the last 6 months compared to 1997? Could Labour's early media leaks have resulted in potential deaths?

Circumstances are different now than in 1997
    That’s not the point and you know it.

I could say “WMD” and briefings about that lead to plenty of deaths but it’s pointless arguing with you.

That’s not the point and you know it.

I could say “WMD” and briefings about that lead to plenty of deaths but it’s pointless arguing with you.
    Sorry I completely forgot, the Government were completely justified in releasing details of the lockdown to the press more than a week than they actually did, because Labour did it 23 years ago

Sorry I completely forgot, the Government were completely justified in releasing details of the lockdown to the press more than a week than they actually did, because Labour did it 23 years ago
    I said I didn’t agree with doing it you one eyed idiot.

F king zealot!

I said I didn’t agree with doing it you one eyed idiot.

F king zealot!
    Did you? I must have missed it because all I can see on here is you blaming Scousers and Labour.

F king Sheep. Now get back to reading the Daily Mail, these foreigners need complaining about..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)