+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust The Scousers.

Trust The Scousers.

First lot to rebel at local lockdown restrictions.

They just can’t help themselves.......absolutely no class whatsoever

I wonder if they’d be rebelling if it was a Labour government imposing the restrictions?

I think this is the way this is all heading though.........the younger generation have had enough of the lockdowns etc.

If you’re contemplating a bit of political opportunism then you couldn’t pick a better time to appease the under 35’s Mr Starmer.

This is going to get very ugly socially and a divergence of political difference over the next six months.

Back in February I forecast that Covid was going to be a nightmare a month before it became a problem in the U.K. ( some of you may remember my post about it )

Remember this post..........this is going to kick off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I wonder if they’d be rebelling if it was a Labour government imposing the restrictions?

I think this is the way this is all heading though.........the younger generation have had enough of the lockdowns etc.

If you’re contemplating a bit of political opportunism then you couldn’t pick a better time to appease the under 35’s Mr Starmer.

This is going to get very ugly socially and a divergence of political difference over the next six months.

Back in February I forecast that Covid was going to be a nightmare a month before it became a problem in the U.K. ( some of you may remember my post about it )
    Ah...the whole world has had enough of everything right now....sure nobody could afford to live before Covid-19...now they cant live....
    Interesting time to be alive....young or old...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Does it really matter if they are Scousers, or Geordies or Cockneys? There were some youths playing cricket in the middle of London at 11pm last weekend. We've all been young and had a few too many to drink and not cared about the consequences.

The real issue is why enforce the lockdown in a few days time? Allowing people to go out now, if the science suggests we should have been locked down 3 weeks ago?

Why leak these details into the national press? Most people already knew about the lockdown restrictions before their local authorities did.

These are the issue you face when you have incompetent people in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Does it really matter if they are Scousers, or Geordies or Cockneys? There were some youths playing cricket in the middle of London at 11pm last weekend. We've all been young and had a few too many to drink and not cared about the consequences.

The real issue is why enforce the lockdown in a few days time? Allowing people to go out now, if the science suggests we should have been locked down 3 weeks ago?

Why leak these details into the national press? Most people already knew about the lockdown restrictions before their local authorities did.

I agree that this crisis has shown bad behaviour can happen anywhere and that the crisis could have been handled much better. I think the point here though is that Liverpool has the second highest infection rate in Europe. Regardless of who is running the country, you cannot legislate for or condone idiotic behaviour as seen last night. There is such a thing as self responsibility which these selfish idiots seemed incapable of showing.

Let's be honest about this, whichever party is in power are on a hiding to nothing. The so called scientific experts can't agree so what chance have politicians. Some of the actions of the Government I have not agreed with but we are in uncharted territory. As far as Kier Starmer is concerned, he is an expert in 'hindsight'.

These challenges highlight the extremes in our human nature.
    The majority of the public at large listen to the advice and use common sense.
    Some display their selfish nature. Many ceasing the situation for political gains. Others are simply contrary and belligerent by nature.
    Others rise to occasion and make us all proud.

I believe Universities are the major cause of the spike. Anyone who has kids of Uni age will know that Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow are the go to places these days for Students. It’s nothing to do with the courses but it’s the social life. The irony is that many courses are on line but the students are still flooding to the halls of residence and bed sits. Its too late now the damage has been done.

The information has to come out in advance because a bill has to be put before Parliament in order to make it law.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    These challenges highlight the extremes in our human nature.
    The majority of the public at large listen to the advice and use common sense.
    Some display their selfish nature. Many ceasing the situation for political gains. Others are simply contrary and belligerent by nature.
    Others rise to occasion and make us all proud.

I believe Universities are the major cause of the spike. Anyone who has kids of Uni age will know that Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow are the go to places these days for Students. It’s nothing to do with the courses but it’s the social life. The irony is that many courses are on line but the students are still flooding to the halls of residence and bed sits. Its too late now the damage has been done.
    This is a very good point.

For a great many it’s the 3/4 year p I s s up and the obligatory “gap year to find myself” that’s the big lure to go to university.

I have a very good mate who’s only 22 and despite our 37 year age gap we get on great and disagree a lot especially about politics.

He himself admitted that his course could easily have been completed in a year and that the way courses are run is ludicrous and geared towards lengthening the stay which most students don’t mind due to all the free time and the social aspect.

So many graduates out there moaning that they can’t get a job befitting their degree yet in a great irony it’s their actions that are fuelling this Covid spike.

You can’t teach stupid!

Labour Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson surprisingly knew who to blame. He tweeted

"These pictures shame our city, attacking our brave police officers is unacceptable.
    "Our health service is creaking, 300 in hospital and 30 people dead in week. Ignoring these facts is why we are in Tier 3 measures."

Good on him. Wish more people took responsibility rather than blaming Govt, schools, police or society in general.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Labour Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson surprisingly knew who to blame. He tweeted

"These pictures shame our city, attacking our brave police officers is unacceptable.
    "Our health service is creaking, 300 in hospital and 30 people dead in week. Ignoring these facts is why we are in Tier 3 measures."

Good on him. Wish more people took responsibility rather than blaming Govt, schools, police or society in general.
    I thought the same 923......respect to the mayor for not points scoring and for calling this stupidity out for what it was.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)