+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I've a terrible feeling all is not well at the club just now, dunno why, just a feeling...
    You could well be right and tbf the club isn't communicating well with the fan base.

Nothings well anywhere just now never mind football clubs. We just signed two new players and kept our best one. Just because TA deleted his twitter account doesent make a mountain out of a mole hill. Would have advised him not to go public in the first place like that nutter Donald Trump! Why do people in the public domain do such things? Infact why does anyone do it apart from attention seekers? Bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Hall View Post
    Nothings well anywhere just now never mind football clubs. We just signed two new players and kept our best one. Just because TA deleted his twitter account doesent make a mountain out of a mole hill. Would have advised him not to go public in the first place like that nutter Donald Trump! Why do people in the public domain do such things? Infact why does anyone do it apart from attention seekers? Bonkers!
    Agree with all of that!

Dont have a clue though dont even know what tek means!
    Terror in East Kilbride. Used to post lots on here but got pissed of with it and started his own forum. Weegie, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Terror in East Kilbride. Used to post lots on here but got pissed of with it and started his own forum. Weegie, just saying.
    An excellent forum too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I've a terrible feeling all is not well at the club just now, dunno why, just a feeling...
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised if you were right. Rumour has it that MM threw a hissy fit when told the five ‘big’ signings he was promised could not all be accommodated at this time, almost certainly due to the lack of income which should have been generated from being back in the Premier League. This coincided with the sudden apparent drop of enthusiasm from the team in matches. Phukkin sad if true, all plans for our return to the top flight have been shredded by Covid, the owners don’t have a bottomless pit of cash so it’s only right concessions have to be made, I only hope everyone at the club, especially MM, are understanding of this. TA will most likely be the piggy in the middle, not a pleasant place to be at the best of times

It’s not bonkers at all! Last season and the years before, the club were pilloried for not communicating with the fans, TA embarks on a programme of more openness and gets compared to Donald Trump FFS damned if you do, damned if you don’t

Some folk seemed to take a dislike/not trust TA from the start, reasons often given he has no football experience, is fat, and is supposedly a Rangers fan. The first two you could align to a lot of our supporters. Also think in recent seasons Utd supporters have needed an outlet/target for their frustration since the snake left us in this mess we are still trying to recover from. Think a number of reasons for our current plight - Covid, court case, questionable recruitment, championship squad Robbie built. Don’t thinks it’s as simple as one thing or one person. Negativity definitely returning to support, I can feel it myself, no enthusiasm for sat. Maybe just as well no crowd! But my rallying call would be the same, get behind the team, we are in this together and just have to survive this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Some folk seemed to take a dislike/not trust TA from the start, reasons often given he has no football experience, is fat, and is supposedly a Rangers fan. The first two you could align to a lot of our supporters. Also think in recent seasons Utd supporters have needed an outlet/target for their frustration since the snake left us in this mess we are still trying to recover from. Think a number of reasons for our current plight - Covid, court case, questionable recruitment, championship squad Robbie built. Don’t thinks it’s as simple as one thing or one person. Negativity definitely returning to support, I can feel it myself, no enthusiasm for sat. Maybe just as well no crowd! But my rallying call would be the same, get behind the team, we are in this together and just have to survive this season.
    Excellent post, especially what you said about TA at the beginning. He's on a loser because he cant come out and defend himself by giving details on Twitter about confidential matters.

But the lack of regular official communication from the club to the fans has caused a vacuum where rumours start to grow.
    A small example of this was with LS last night where some fans posted that he'd got injured when it was the complete opposite.
    No updates on injuries, no statements from Mr Ogren, poor performances in some games and some bad results.

To be honest, if the club survives Covid financial meltdown and we stay in the Premier we should consider it a good season. Had it all not happened on top of the Hearts/Neilson debacle I think we could have reason to be critical of the club but I think some folks are unable to look at the big picture.

But you're right, some of our fans just don't like the guy, which is a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    But you're right, some of our fans just don't like the guy, which is a pity.
    It's just weird. What's he done to deserve that? I had a brief chat with him in the stand at Montrose last season and he was great, very enthusiastic I thought.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)