+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    I was invited to represent WJTA not Dundee United FC. Why can some folk not understand simple facts? I suppose I just have to accept some people don't have the mental capacity to deal with real facts. I always believed there are 10 kinds of people. Those who know binary, and those who don’t.
    Bigger picture mate, by default comments made by a known Arab are also seen to represent thoughts of fans regardless.

So there are 4 types of folk
    Those who don't know that they're talking shyte - unconsciously incompetent
    Those who do but can't help themselves - consciously incompetent
    Those who know they might talk shyte and think about what they say - consciously competent
    Those that don't talk shyte cos they're wired properly - unconsciously competent

In case you do belong in the first I will simplify it further
    In life there are those who own it when they c0ck up and those who don't

Get a grip and stop talking shyte

If you read the post again carefully and slowly perhaps you'll understand that I was quoting a BNB to give a summary.
    Fair do’s, my bad I misread this.

However I didn’t misread this when you started a new thread on this earlier in the week with the following -

“Mischievous Arabs have been deliberately misquoting what was said by the WJTA representative on Monday’s broadcast.

Don’t rely on fake news just listen carefully now to Tom English crucify Dundee United.

Our man defends Tony Asghar and criticises the secretive Government’s Joint Response Group. “

So rather than ‘WJTA representative’ and ‘our man’ I don’t know why you couldn’t have just referred to ‘yourself’. Also didn’t understand why a completely new separate thread was required to be started on this same topic earlier in the week. Actions such as that make you start to wonder if it’s about genuine concern over United that you have or a good dose of self publicity required having been absent from this board for quite some time.

FWIW, I have concerns over United’s current position (what supporter wouldn’t quite frankly?) but I’ll tell you this - I trust the Ogdens to get it right a helluva lot more than if the Snake had still been in charge.

it seems that when folk are incapable of structured debate and are losing an argument, they always resort to this kind of abuse and totally deflect from the actual issues So sad.

Of course the moderators are responsible for dealing with this?
    Every Arab is entitled to have an opinion but it should be tolerant and respectful. I refuse to discuss issues with individuals who are incapable of rational debate and constantly resort to immature personal abuse. I will never be silenced by these bullies!
    By the way, I'd like to add that it's more embarrassing finding myself discussing issues with someone who is incapable of using capital letters, full stops and basic grammar. Sadly that makes your point lose credibility with lots of sensible people.
    I suppose I just have to accept some people don't have the mental capacity to deal with real facts
    Pot & kettle here don't you think? Claiming you are suffering at the hands of personal abuse, whilst at the same time belittling one of the boards best posters for his grammar and insinuating a lack of sense, then referring to posters on this board as being mentally challenged.

You can't have it all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    “Mischievous Arabs have been deliberately misquoting what was said by the WJTA representative on Monday’s broadcast.

Don’t rely on fake news just listen carefully now to Tom English crucify Dundee United.

Our man defends Tony Asghar and criticises the secretive Government’s Joint Response Group. “

So rather than ‘WJTA representative’ and ‘our man’ I don’t know why you couldn’t have just referred to ‘yourself’. Also didn’t understand why a completely new separate thread was required to be started on this same topic earlier in the week. Actions such as that make you start to wonder if it’s about genuine concern over United that you have or a good dose of self publicity required having been absent from this board for quite some time.

FWIW, I have concerns over United’s current position (what supporter wouldn’t quite frankly?) but I’ll tell you this - I trust the Ogdens to get it right a helluva lot more than if the Snake had still been in charge.
    Noticed the part in bold had been copied & pasted by the same person onto Eastfootball. I don't know much about this guy but I'm sensing he enjoys the limelight?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Noticed the part in bold had been copied & pasted by the same person onto Eastfootball. I don't know much about this guy but I'm sensing he enjoys the limelight?
    And he would’ve gotten away with it too if it hadn’t been for us meddling kids.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 30-01-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Retired Arab has a point though - being respectful, tolerant and recognising other people’s positions in discussions/arguments is really important. For instance, remember when thon boy himself that was on the Sportsound programme was physically removed out of the Gordon Brown meeting during the Indy campaign for shouting, heckling and generally being aggressive? Not much tolerance there unfortunately and pretty embarrassing TBH.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2...ech-in-dundee/
    Exactly what I was thinking, talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I was invited to represent WJTA not Dundee United FC. Why can some folk not understand simple facts? I suppose I just have to accept some people don't have the mental capacity to deal with real facts. I always believed there are 10 kinds of people. Those who know binary, and those who don’t.
    I think the biggest problem, and I fully accept this is a bit rich coming from me, is that you are just not a very likable character. Comments like the one above just add weight to what I'm saying.

Obviously, this is exactly how you like it though, weird.

Fair do’s, my bad I misread this.

However I didn’t misread this when you started a new thread on this earlier in the week with the following -

It’s not a sinister attempt to disguise my identity as you know who I am but are you not just trying to deflect attention from real issues at heart of this?

By the way your point also stinks of hypocrisy when I’ve been identified but you and other cowards remain anonymous.

In addition anyone who remotely agrees with my opinion is immediately branded as “Mike” Absolutely ridiculous assertions especially by at least one moderator who not only encourages this action but enthusiastically participates.

I’ve real concerns about financial mismanagement at our club by Asghar and Bond (not Ogren btw).
    I’m certainly not alone and through time we’ll learn how serious the finances are.

Hopefully folk who post can focus, concentrate on debating issues and halt their pathetic deflection tactics.

Asghar’s mantra could well be “Divide and conquer “
    Last edited by Retired Arab; 30-01-2021 at 11:16 AM.

It’s not a sinister attempt to disguise my identity as you know who I am but are you not just trying to deflect attention from real issues at heart of this?

By the way your point also stinks of hypocrisy when I’ve been identified but you and other cowards remain anonymous.
    Cowards? Wow.

You're identity is known because you went on nation f*cking radio FFS. 😂😂😂 You then went on the two main Dundee Utd football forums the next day and spammed the same post on both. Both forums identified you as the person on the BBC interview. When you seek attention the way you do, it's then easy to pinpoint your identity on an online forum. You have no one to blame but yourself for your indetity being known in my opinion.

In addition anyone who remotely agrees with my opinion is immediately branded as “Mike” Absolutely ridiculous assertions especially by at least one moderator who not only encourages this action but enthusiastically participates.

I’ve real concerns about financial mismanagement at our club by Asghar and Bond (not Ogren btw).
    I’m certainly not alone and through time we’ll learn how serious the finances are.

Hopefully folk who post can focus, concentrate on debating issues and halt their pathetic deflection tactics.

Asghar’s mantra could well be “Divide and conquer “
    Coward? Ok, I take it that’s the tolerance and rationality finished with then? Phuck me that didn’t take long.

Also, nobody is really arguing with you anyway. We’re pretty well all concerned about our current financial position.

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)