+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Correct with a wage to turnover ratio of 132% which would sink most companies people doing work for nothing are a godsend.When we have a sustainable model of say 70 to 80% with an entertaining team still in the top division then i will join in with the backslapping for Tony.
    I don't think i'm asking for too much by saying i would like to enjoy going to the games again with the prospect of not worrying about relegation,even bottom six would do for me if the games were worth watching.
    Agree, and to clarify for all who may think I am having a pop, I am simply pointing out that to stay in the position we are in and go deep in the cups, Tony needs to go into that contacts book of his.
    Getting 4th was one hell of an achievement with this squad, staying there will mean Tony has brought in better. He has an owner who is not afraid to back with cash.
    I can see off the pitch many examples of what good looks like, they have worked hard clearly.
    To be blunt I want to now see this on the pitch, that's what I pay for.
    If Tony does full due diligence and finds players that will make us better, then I fully expect to see us playing higher quality football and dominating some games.

Correct with a wage to turnover ratio of 132% which would sink most companies people doing work for nothing are a godsend.When we have a sustainable model of say 70 to 80% with an entertaining team still in the top division then i will join in with the backslapping for Tony.
    I don't think i'm asking for too much by saying i would like to enjoy going to the games again with the prospect of not worrying about relegation,even bottom six would do for me if the games were worth watching.
    It’ll no be 132% next season G when the WFDUFC qualify for the groups stages in Europe, in fact should we progress and win the trophy we won’t have to worry about anything

With a good pre season, and if we can hold onto the majority of our lads, I fancy we might see a big improvement with the quality on show, here’s hoping anyway.

Obviously you have missed post 244 and just made up your own accusations on post 247 which could not be further from the truth,terrible posting mate because your post will stick like mud even though its untrue,FACT.
    Apologies, you're right i did miss it. Not having a go mate im just curious and respect you for replying. I will delete post.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Agree, and to clarify for all who may think I am having a pop, I am simply pointing out that to stay in the position we are in and go deep in the cups, Tony needs to go into that contacts book of his.
    Getting 4th was one hell of an achievement with this squad, staying there will mean Tony has brought in better. He has an owner who is not afraid to back with cash.
    I can see off the pitch many examples of what good looks like, they have worked hard clearly.
    To be blunt I want to now see this on the pitch, that's what I pay for.
    If Tony does full due diligence and finds players that will make us better, then I fully expect to see us playing higher quality football and dominating some games.
    All of this he has recognised himself. The proof will be in the pudding of course, but its not as if he hasn't acknowledge the fact performances have been poor and recruitment needs to be better.

Performances haven't even been as bad as made out, some brutal mainly during the losing run, there have been some good showings, plenty have been solid and unspectacular, I'll take that every day, results and league position will always matter most for me over so called entertaining football, I really can only think of a handful of seasons we were entertaining regular in the last 30 years, in a lot of then we conceded for fun (look at 1998-2006... Embarrassing) , No thanks, I want a balance, yes we need to score more that's obvious (we have to be fair the last 2-3 months) .. However the goals against ratio is the lowest since probably the 2010 team or 1996/97 one... The Celtic home game was a good performance, as County so that kinda entertainment level would be fine going forward

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Apologies, you're right i did miss it. Not having a go mate im just curious and respect you for replying. I will delete post.
    No probs mate and defo forgotten about by tomorrow,due to my age rather than my benevolence though.

Listening to that brilliant programme on Talk Sport today Jonny Owen and friends.He was doing a history of the European Cup/Champions League in the build up to tonight's final.He said this is not just about great English teams of the past and we need to remember the Dundee United team who were cheated in their semi final in 1984 against AS Roma.

So here we are 38 years on from that day in Rome and yet a completely English biased radio station still remember that great Dundee United side of the 80's albeit Jonny himself is of course Welsh.That team made us world famous,The Funsters FN hate it and mock it but its true.

The moral of the story?,never ever try and airbrush from history the greatest achievements of Dundee United in the 80's when you hold a position of power at the club because it will hopefully still be here long after you have departed.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Hauled up by a mod?? Really?
    You noticed that post which was tongue in cheek to someone i have clearly made known in the past that i know personally.However you have nothing to say regarding a post which was untrue but was clearly hauling me up,ach well we move on.

Listening to that brilliant programme on Talk Sport today Jonny Owen and friends.He was doing a history of the European Cup/Champions League in the build up to tonight's final.He said this is not just about great English teams of the past and we need to remember the Dundee United team who were cheated in their semi final in 1984 against AS Roma.

So here we are 38 years on from that day in Rome and yet a completely English biased radio station still remember that great Dundee United side of the 80's albeit Jonny himself is of course Welsh.That team made us world famous,The Funsters FN hate it and mock it but its true.

The moral of the story?,never ever try and airbrush from history the greatest achievements of Dundee United in the 80's when you hold a position of power at the club because it will hopefully still be here long after you have departed.
    Sounds like it was a good listen, I love hearing radio shows speaking about United’s success in Europe, it transports you back to being at the games so much so you can almost smell and taste it.

Just finished listening to Radio Scotland where Tom English was interviewing the iconic Archie MacPherson, brilliant programme which covered all the great managers in Scotland including our very own wee Jim.

Our history and achievements will never be airbrushed from history, because it’s exactly that......our history

You noticed that post which was tongue in cheek to someone i have clearly made known in the past that i know personally.However you have nothing to say regarding a post which was untrue but was clearly hauling me up,ach well we move on.
    So you're post to Whitfield about TTT was tongue in cheek? Apologies then, it didn't seem that way to me. Maybe use an ADS emoji in future to get your sarcasm across? 😉

Not sure I need to comment on the other post in question as you'd already sorted that out?

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)