+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Sounds like it was a good listen, I love hearing radio shows speaking about United’s success in Europe, it transports you back to being at the games so much so you can almost smell and taste it.

Just finished listening to Radio Scotland where Tom English was interviewing the iconic Archie MacPherson, brilliant programme which covered all the great managers in Scotland including our very own wee Jim.

Our history and achievements will never be airbrushed from history, because it’s exactly that......our history
    Aye mate brilliant last sentence,to think there is an FN Funster oot there who is proud to have an AS Roma player from that game as his username no just any old player or their best player no its the one who threatened Jim McLean he chose.
    For my username i selected a United legend that help turn us into the city's big club,played against Barcelona,Juventus and hammered the Dees 5-0 on their ain midden.
    When i embarked on my train journey to Rome or my plane to Barca i wonder what the Scottish Sebastiano Nela was daen?.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So you're post to Whitfield about TTT was tongue in cheek? Apologies then, it didn't seem that way to me. Maybe use an ADS emoji in future to get your sarcasm across? 😉

Not sure I need to comment on the other post in question as you'd already sorted that out?
    When i said he got hauled up by a mod yes i was joking mate because he never actually got hauled up by a mod.Apologies to anyone including Terence for any misunderstanding and my shyte posting.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Aye mate brilliant last sentence,to think there is an FN Funster oot there who is proud to have an AS Roma player from that game as his username no just any old player or their best player no its the one who threatened Jim McLean he chose.
    For my username i selected a United legend that help turn us into the city's big club,played against Barcelona,Juventus and hammered the Dees 5-0 on their ain midden.
    When i embarked on my train journey to Rome or my plane to Barca i wonder what the Scottish Sebastiano Nela was daen?.
    As we know GB, many of the funsters have got NOTHING of note to celebrate (from a personal experience) with their own team, so cling to things that happened to us over the years, and that’s the big difference between both fans.
    Many of us have witnessed league cup wins, winning the premier league, beating Europe’s elite (of that era), winning the Scottish Cup (twice), whereas them….nothing, nada, rien, niente!!!
    (Only major wins count)

When we got relegated back in 2016, the number of funsters gloating, and making a point of personally having a dig was unbelievable. Did I do the same in recent weeks, nope, no need, more concerned with how we would finish the season, and where we are going (both short and long term). That is more important to me, than what happens to the funsters, but hey, one thing is for sure, they are the team that just keeps giving, that’s for sure!! 🤣🤣

Just a wee side note to Sebastiano The Funster i think it shows you how small his club has become over the years for his mind to wander back to Rome 1984 to find a footballing highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    As we know GB, many of the funsters have got NOTHING of note to celebrate (from a personal experience) with their own team, so cling to things that happened to us over the years, and that’s the big difference between both fans.
    Many of us have witnessed league cup wins, winning the premier league, beating Europe’s elite (of that era), winning the Scottish Cup (twice), whereas them….nothing, nada, rien, niente!!!
    (Only major wins count)

When we got relegated back in 2016, the number of funsters gloating, and making a point of personally having a dig was unbelievable. Did I do the same in recent weeks, nope, no need, more concerned with how we would finish the season, and where we are going (both short and long term). That is more important to me, than what happens to the funsters, but hey, one thing is for sure, they are the team that just keeps giving, that’s for sure!! ����
    Good post mate and very accurate.I was posting something similar at the same time.

When i said he got hauled up by a mod yes i was joking mate because he never actually got hauled up by a mod.Apologies to anyone including Terence for any misunderstanding and my shyte posting.
    No need, we all talk ****e sometimes, even me. 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So you're post to Whitfield about TTT was tongue in cheek? Apologies then, it didn't seem that way to me. Maybe use an ADS emoji in future to get your sarcasm across? 😉

Not sure I need to comment on the other post in question as you'd already sorted that out?
    I cannie do rockets and some of the other sophisticated stuff mate sorry.

Listening to that brilliant programme on Talk Sport today Jonny Owen and friends.He was doing a history of the European Cup/Champions League in the build up to tonight's final.He said this is not just about great English teams of the past and we need to remember the Dundee United team who were cheated in their semi final in 1984 against AS Roma.

So here we are 38 years on from that day in Rome and yet a completely English biased radio station still remember that great Dundee United side of the 80's albeit Jonny himself is of course Welsh.That team made us world famous,The Funsters FN hate it and mock it but its true.

The moral of the story?,never ever try and airbrush from history the greatest achievements of Dundee United in the 80's when you hold a position of power at the club because it will hopefully still be here long after you have departed.
    Proud and privileged to have witnessed those glorious years, no matter what happens that can never be taken away from us.

**** those cheating Italian *******s always, gutted they won the other night 😡

the mind boggles. hopeing we get beat .at the very least.

Bitter, twisted & Jealous, we are United, in all meaning of the word, they are not and never will be

Their threads are littered with:
    Do you remember when ....
    This included the good days of beating us in the Tennant's Sixes

Remember when we almost .....
    Some classics there

Long live the Cobraism's and Mackie Mutterings
    The Fun, full of if's, but's and black & white memories.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)