+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

While Fletcher has never been prolific I would not be surprised if he manages to score as many league goals in one game this season than McNulty managed all last season. In fact with a bit of luck he might even surpass it in one game.

As others have alluded to, he has been signed not as an out and out striker but an experienced foil who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game and increase our overall threat in the final third, something which was sorely lacking last season. Hopefully in doing that he will get chances too.

I expect him to hit low double figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Not disagreeing with the sentiment but I doubt the top 3 would have been clamouring to sign 35 year old Steven Fletcher. I'm really hoping he serves me up a large slice of humble pie and he will get my full backing but I remain sceptical for now. Dylan though is gonna be a fantastic signing and can only be better with a full season and preseason behind him.
    Agree totally!

Levitt
    Fletcher
    Sibbald
    Birighitti
    Behich
    Middleton

Potentially still more to come

Got to say TA is delivering yet again

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Levitt
    Fletcher
    Sibbald
    Birighitti
    Behich
    Middleton

Potentially still more to come

Got to say TA is delivering yet again
    Yeah, I've never had any issue with Tony Asghar myself and have been happy with the continued upwards trajectory since his and Ogrens arrival. If we add McGrath and Shinnie I'll be positively expoding with positivity for the season ahead. Hopefully we can get off to a good start tomorrow but all won't be lost if we dont

Definitely, tomorrow decides nothing, would be nice to get a better start than Pittodrie last year, however it made the win over Sevco a week later all the better

I’m just very surprised we’ve not heard calls for Tony’s head due to yesterday’s ticket fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I’m just very surprised we’ve not heard calls for Tony’s head due to yesterday’s ticket fiasco
    Ahin's Tony's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Ahin's Tony's fault.

Needs to get us a sponsorship with that refreshing 7UP. If ever an opportunity presents itself.................

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    While Fletcher has never been prolific I would not be surprised if he manages to score as many league goals in one game this season than McNulty managed all last season. In fact with a bit of luck he might even surpass it in one game.

As others have alluded to, he has been signed not as an out and out striker but an experienced foil who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game and increase our overall threat in the final third, something which was sorely lacking last season. Hopefully in doing that he will get chances too.

I expect him to hit low double figures.
    Fletcher is a waste of don't rate him canna see him scoring many this season

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)