+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    As i said, look for real examples and assess that way, not hear say
    real examples of what?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    real examples of what?
    Real examples of his poor performance in his role that can be seen with evidence. Look at what hes responsible for and how we are performing in them.

We can easy criticize the manager appointments, the transfers, the sale of certain players and the recruitment of staff who still haven't improved areas like commercial.

That's the easiest way to justify a narrative that he's the root cause of all our problems. There are plenty of things to criticize there without the need for things no one knows are true.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Real examples of his poor performance in his role that can be seen with evidence. Look at what hes responsible for and how we are performing in them.

We can easy criticize the manager appointments, the transfers, the sale of certain players and the recruitment of staff who still haven't improved areas like commercial.

That's the easiest way to justify a narrative that he's the root cause of all our problems. There are plenty of things to criticize there without the need for things no one knows are true.
    I highly doubt the Sporting Director is responsible for recruitment in areas such as commercial and/or marketing. We have to other people in charge of those specific areas, surely?

No examples needed imo.
    We've went from terrors to terrible, I dont care who is responsible for shortlisting and signing off managers, coaches or players, Ogren and Tony are accountable for what they themselves have created, currently a shambles.
    A naive man in it to make money allowing on a non experienced man to squander the stuff while expecting the fans to stay loyal and suck it up.
    A very high % of folk felt this squad was good enough to challenge for top 6 in this league, but after a stringent recruitment process it would seem the best person to look after it is Fox.
    Did the job come with restrictions, was it a restricted list or both?
    I refuse to believe this squad cant compete and
    I cant believe Fox is the best available to ensure they do.
    Ogren needs to cop on very quickly if Fox doesnt work out, he himself has to bite the bullet and speak to the best available managers out there to understand how to turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I highly doubt the Sporting Director is responsible for recruitment in areas such as commercial and/or marketing. We have to other people in charge of those specific areas, surely?
    no idea, don't know if the hierarchy is Ogren then TA then every other head of departments into him, or if tony is one of a few heads reporting to Ogren

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    A very high % of folk felt this squad was good enough to challenge for top 6 in this league, but after a stringent recruitment process it would seem the best person to look after it is Fox.

I refuse to believe this squad cant compete and
    A high % said signings were good when looking at them 1 by 1, i dont think anyone felt we were finished on recruitment and had what we needed for top 6. You can be happy with signings individually but not happy with the squad and thats where i was. It was obvious to everyone that we needed a CDM and another striker at least at start of season but at same time 2 pre-season friendlies meant none of us really knew. the gk situation developed later after a few nightmares

This squad actually CANT compete, we can see that already, there is a complete imbalance in midfield and there is no combination that will work. I honestly don't think any manager could figure this out. We could gamble, try a defender there and it might help but its the worst collection of midfielders i have seen in my lifetime due to the fact there is no combo in there that could work. We have seen worse individuals, but this collective is a disaster that should cause heads to roll

There is only one man to blame for a lack of defensive midfielder and we've just sacked him. JRs claim was that we didn't need a defensive midfielder if all other parts of the team worked better together. He genuinely thought we were good enough as we are.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)