+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Asghar

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Out of interest do you think Tom English and Charlie Adam were wrong in what they said?
    Hi Eric. I'm not sure English and Adam were wrong, neither am I sure they were right either. FWIW I think the subject is at least worthy of debate.

For example, would it have been too difficult for the grants (free money) to be means tested on an individual basis?

How can it be right for Hearts to be gifted £500k when it's possible that the likes of Hamilton St Mirren etc etc might be in much more financial difficulty? I accept that would have taken time and effort but the arbitrary gifting of £500k to all the clubs does raise the question.

I'm much more concerned about a total T W A T like Mike Barile trying to make himself sound like he's representing the opinions of all United fans when he doesn't.

Do you think it was wise of Adam to get involved? If I was Adam I would have just been non committal, saying "I'm not in a position to comment on the internal matters of Dundee United".

Especially given the losses that Dundee FC have made, and there's no doubt Mark Ogren is not the only Chairman of a Dundee based club that is writing a monthly cheque to cover the shortfall?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    ...comes across as incredibly arrogant...
    Hmmm, there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Why don't you take the time instead of commenting individually and send a big message that details everything you are worried about in terms of the finances at the club. If you are right, people will post things like "totally agree" and "spot on". Surely better than just rising to the bait of people here who know that you will.
    Name:  Wages:turnover %.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  109.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    You'll have to explain for us non-experts

Thanks for the personal abuse sir.

Seems when folk are incapable of structured debate they always resort to this kind of abuse and totally deflect from the actual issues of financial mismanagement at our Club. So sad.
    Here's what I said......copied and pasted

If you're going up against Tom English on live radio you need facts and the logic required to back them up. You also need a certain level of intellect to have a reasonable chance of competing.

You have none of these.

An absolute Car Crash.

I don't see any personal abuse there given that it was obvious to all listeners that
    A) you DO need facts and logic to present a convincing argument against Tom English on national radio and you went to a gunfight with a blunt knife
    it was obvious you don't have the intellect to do so because you went off topic many times
    C) It WAS a car crash.

As GB would say, FACT

Again you see the big jump in 2018/19 due to the players who came in during the January window with few going out. When the accounts come out for 2019/20 you will see this reduced back down to close to the previous levels

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Hi Eric. I'm not sure English and Adam were wrong, neither am I sure they were right either. FWIW I think the subject is at least worthy of debate.

For example, would it have been too difficult for the grants (free money) to be means tested on an individual basis?

How can it be right for Hearts to be gifted £500k when it's possible that the likes of Hamilton St Mirren etc etc might be in much more financial difficulty? I accept that would have taken time and effort but the arbitrary gifting of £500k to all the clubs does raise the question.

I'm much more concerned about a total T W A T like Mike Barile trying to make himself sound like he's representing the opinions of all United fans when he doesn't.

Do you think it was wise of Adam to get involved? If I was Adam I would have just been non committal, saying "I'm not in a position to comment on the internal matters of Dundee United".

Especially given the losses that Dundee FC have made, and there's no doubt Mark Ogren is not the only Chairman of a Dundee based club that is writing a monthly cheque to cover the shortfall?

I would imagine the 30 million + a season sky deal had something to do with it.I think 90+% is for spl and as they are on tv fair enough.Im not sure if it was looked in to detail though so possibly it was unfair.What I heard, Charlie only commented on the number of staff united have and he has been at enough clubs to have an opinion and also the time it took united to get the players to accept pay cuts.Most clubs who did this mostly did at least 6 months ago and this would have saved united a lot of cash.I think both are fair points especially as the fans are being asked for cash for a second time.How many staff united have is common knowledge surely?

The current economic background for United is very concerning but then again with the background of Covid it is thus for every other Club in Scotland probably only bar Celtic. So, yes we should be concerned. However in the defence of our owners, the money that has been invested (note INVESTED) to date has been desperately required to start to make up for the absolutely horrific schitshow that was the previous owner where there had been a complete and utter lack of investment in the Club from top to bottom which had resulted in us deteriorating under his watch from a top three team winning trophies and qualifying for Europe to a mid table Championship team struggling to get promotion with a non existent youth policy dying on it's feet. Yes, there has been a lot of money spent over the last two years but in contrast to before, the changes are obvious. Electronic season tickets, online ticket purchasing (which directly lead to easy sell outs like last season's derbies), Elite Youth Academy status, extensively refurbished hospitality suites, better playing squad.

I mean c'mon tae phuck, yes finance is concerning (when is it never) but gie the owners a chance for christ sake. Remember the Snake and get a grip.

I can't read that on a mobile as it wont expand.

By the way, above all else, you lost any credibility you had (which wasn't much in the first place) when you described Dundee FC as the wee team up the road.

That's message board talk, that's Saturday night Glasgow phone in c rap, not the kind of thing you say on national radio when purporting to represent a fans group asked to comment on the Tony Asghar interview.

You realised you hadn't prepared a logical case and you lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I would imagine the 30 million + a season sky deal had something to do with it.I think 90+% is for spl and as they are on tv fair enough.Im not sure if it was looked in to detail though so possibly it was unfair.What I heard, Charlie only commented on the number of staff united have and he has been at enough clubs to have an opinion and also the time it took united to get the players to accept pay cuts.Most clubs who did this mostly did at least 6 months ago and this would have saved united a lot of cash.I think both are fair points especially as the fans are being asked for cash for a second time.How many staff united have is common knowledge surely?
    My question wasn't about his knowledge, it was about the wisdom of getting involved in it. I'm not saying he was wrong. Mike Barile was knocking the ball into his own net. I wouldn't want to hear a United player commenting on Dundee's finances or payroll, I just think it's a kind of "not done" thing.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)